Blackberry Maple Waffle

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From The NecessiTeas

Why wait until breakfast time to enjoy the flavors of hot buttery waffles, topped with sweet maple syrup, and warm blackberry compote! Add some rock sugar and splash of milk to this brew to enjoy the steamy hot homemade flavor of juicy, ripe berries topping thick fluffy waffles, without the calories! (3.5 oz)

About The NecessiTeas View company

First, I have to raise my cup to the lovely Indigobloom who is enjoying her last day at a crappy job today. Here’s to new beginings :)

Oh, golly. I have a huge tea-crush on The NecessiTeas, and I’ve yet to try a tea created by Ms. Linsey that isn’t rave worthy. Blackberry Maple Waffle will receive my first lukewarm review. This is a good quality flavored black tea, but I don’t get any maple or waffle flavor from it. The blackberry essence shines in this tea for sure and I guess that’s reason enough to like it. I just had my heart set on a true Blackberry Maple Waffle breakfast experience… I didn’t get that.

Indigobloom

hehe thx Jenn, you just made my day!! however, the new girl is a little overwhelmed so I’ve been asked to stay on another day to train her. I go back for one more day, on Monday no less! oh well. Irony had to make a play in there somewhere :)

Jenn

You and I are cut from the same cloth because I’ve done the same exact thing! We’re suckas.

Indigobloom

haha really?! yup, we’ve both been played for job fools!

Jenn

I think that we just have integrity and strong work ethics. Even if I don’t care for a company or organization, I’d never want my legacy to be negative. I’ve always done my best to leave my staff and my affairs in the best possible order even if secretly I’d love to stick it to the bad people.

Indigobloom

yeah that sounds about right! I’ve lost quite a bit of respect for the people at that office but they do work in a cut-throat industry so I guess I’ll let some of their issues slide :)
and the girl who is replacing me, she’s very sweet! I can’t let her stress just because I want outta there. Darn my work ethic!! ;)

Backlogging: I received this a few weeks back when I ordered some heat sealed bags from The NecessiTeas. Sadly it ended up in my box of samples. This is the box I try to pick at least two samples from a day. Well, I finally grabbed this one last week. I have to say the dry leaves smelled awesome! Just like maple covered waffles. The hot tea was equally awesome. So much so that my non tea drinking neighbor next door tried to snag my cup when I stopped over to visit her at lunch! There was a nice mix of the blackberry, maple, and waffle flavors and they all worked really well with one another. No one flavor was stealing the show. I might have to order this one in the future.

Sipdown (213)!

Made this one iced at DT today; I actually had brought it with the plan to drink it hot on shift but the store was so hot today that all I could bring myself to make was iced teas. It was actually really tasty though! At first I found it almost unpleasantly brisk, but after a couple sips I settled into the flavour and really appreciated the nuances of each element.

I expected a richer blackberry, but instead this is fairly mellow and creeps in the background a bit; it’s sweet but not overly and is very natural. I’d describe it primarily as the taste of a blackberry that’s just not quite ripe yet, but right on the cusp. What was surprisingly strong to me was the maple which was present in the top of the sip alongside the brisker, bold malty black base. The finish was vanilla and dry cinnamon. Overall the drink was just a hint astringent.

A pump of agave probably wouldn’t have hurt to brighten it up/draw out the blackberry but I generally try to avoid sweetener where I can and this wasn’t bad. Just throwing the idea out there for anyone who might find this not quite sweet enough.

Overall though I think this does do a really nice, solid job of recreating the taste of waffles with maple syrup and blackberries – just in a way where the tea itself isn’t lost in the flavours. It took a while, but I ended up finishing it off quite enamored with it.

Thanks VariaTEA!

VariaTEA

Yay! I’m glad you liked this one.

One of the best blackberry teas I have had and the base reminds me of the waffle flavor from Butiki’s Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black Tea. Now this is based off a very vague memory of the Butiki tea but that’s what came to mind when I first tasted this

reaaaalllly…

VariaTEA

I think so but it could be my imagination. I have enough to share though

Lovely strong tea with strong hints of blackberry, great with milk and a hint of sugar.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML