Carrot Cake

Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutmeg
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I haven't tasted this in a long time, and I'm a little surprised that I still think pretty much exactly what I thought about it the first time I had it. I'm sometimes bemused by that sort of...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “I thought that it was about time I wrote a note about this tea. Even though it has quite a bit of spice in it, the appeal of it tasting like cake convinced me to drink it. I made it with a splash...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 464 tasting notes
  • “Received this one in round 1 secret pumpkin swap from *RogersCK*. I was a bit skeptical but this one is pretty decent. There is a rooibos taste, but there is also a kind of carrot cake type...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “To quote my dear husband, "Huh, that tastes exactly like carrot cake". Honestly, NecessiTEAS has perfectly captured the deliciousness of carrot cake in this beautiful tea. The spices are right on,...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes

From The NecessiTeas

Carrot Cake:

Enjoy hints of this perennial favorite as you sip this healthful blend of organic rooibos, real carrot, cinnamon, and walnuts. Our most popular dessert tea. Naturally caffeine free!

About The NecessiTeas View company

OK this time I didn’t add any milk like the first time, but added a few tsps of sugar. Steeped it for a bit longer than usual and it turns out that this tea isn’t that bad afterall.

A while back, I had tried a vanilla cola-flavored rooibos. A tea (in the loose sense of the word) replacement for soda? Absurd, but maybe it would work, as it was quite good. Well, The NecessiTeas has done something along those same lines…now tea can replace our deserts! Much more healthy and just as tasty…or is it? Time to find out!

One teaspoon of this in eight ounces of water, freshly boiled and steeped for five minutes. The smell is incredibly spicy, almost sharp. But after the steeping, the spiciness is very smooth. I take my first sip, and while I don’t feel like the taste is as strong as the smell, it definitely goes down very smooth. Not only as tasty as carrot cake, but it makes the flavor easy to enjoy (no chewing!) This tea is definitely worth checking out. On my personal enjoyment scale, I would give it an 89/100.

This is pretty darn delicious, it tastes like a spicy carrot cake! Duh – just like it’s supposed to :D
Thank you Jenn for supplying me with my first taste of the Necessiteas.

Carrot cake isn’t my most favorite dessert, but to chill out before bed I would def pick this tea. mm spicy without a kick in the mouth, I like that!

A truly flavorful flavored tea with deeply rich spices and a unforgettable carrot flavor. I don’t eat cake, so this was a wonderful treat! Enjoy with a bit of cream and sweetener for a more decadent experience.

8 min or more

The taste of carrot was actually hard for me to detect. Sweetening this, however, gave a flavor reminiscent of the natural sweetness of carrots. The spice of the cinnamon and clove is predominant, but I actually did not find the spiciness to be overpowering. In similarly spiced teas I’ve tried the cloves usually take over and mask everything else. Here the spices are well-balanced, especially once the brew is sweetened. After swallowing there is a syrupy aftertaste, like molasses. I am actually reminded a little of raisin, even though there aren’t any raisins in this blend as far as I could tell. Actually, as a whole, this tisane reminds me more of oatmeal-raisin cookies than it does carrot cake. Not that that’s a bad thing; I like oatmeal raisin cookies!

Definitely let this steep for a good long time, and enjoy with a splash of milk or cream and your sweetener of choice!

Boiling 8 min or more

This is one of my absolutely favorite teas: It’s got a gorgeous aroma, both before and after brewing, and does smell like carrot cake. I love this especially with a vanilla or sweet cream creamer (makes it creamier).

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutmeg