Blueberry Cheesecake

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

• “Thanks so much for this one, QueenofTarts! I'm very pleased that I was able to buy this one, as I'm not sure why not many people seem to be a fan of Necessiteas. I've tried five of them so far...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1489 tasting notes
  • “This is an excellent tea by TheNecessiTeas. The combination of a solid green tea, whole blueberries, and herbs lend themselves to a great infusion. The initial flavor of the blueberries and the...” Read full tasting note
    TeaGeeksTV 1 tasting notes
  • “This was light on blueberry flavor compared to the Blueberry tea from David's.. I admit, I have fallen in love with David's teas. This particular tea has it's own merits...it does have that cakey...” Read full tasting note
    CelebriTea 129 tasting notes
  • “This one comes from *TastyBrew*! I figured I'd brew some of this up as a little celebration of being done with midterms! This one smells heavenly! I love cheesecake and I love blueberries, and...” Read full tasting note
    emehi1015 123 tasting notes

From The NecessiTeas

We have added blueberry and cheesecake flavors to this green tea along with juicy plump blueberries.

About The NecessiTeas View company

Thanks so much for this one, QueenofTarts! I’m very pleased that I was able to buy this one, as I’m not sure why not many people seem to be a fan of Necessiteas. I’ve tried five of them so far and they are GOOD. I wish I could try all of their teas! I guess it is difficult to invest in their teas though, since they only sell them in 3 ounce amounts. I would love if they had samples! Can you tell I liked this tea? Both of the steeps were the same:
There are actual blueberries in this one! This just SMELLS like blueberry cheesecake and the taste is very present and accurate as well. Impressed already. The flavor is more like cream and butter (maybe from the buttery green itself?) with a little bit of tanginess very sweet and definitely blueberries! I’d say the blueberry and cream/butter/tang are equally represented. This is one of my favorite flavored green teas, definitely. It’s almost like if you mixed one of 52Teas blends and their BooBerry Cotton candy. I really wish Necessiteas would sell samples!! You’d think their lovely sounding blends are gimmicks or something, seeing as how you have to buy three ounces, but the five blends I’ve tried so far have been some of my favorites. If I had the money, I wouldn’t mind investing in entire three ounces of their teas without trying them first. I don’t think I’d be disappointed in any of them.

__Morgana__

They used to sell samples. Hmm. That’s strange. I wonder why they stopped?

Tea Sipper

Maybe they still do?!? I don’t know!

__Morgana__

I took a look at their site and didn’t see any. Also typed the word “sample” into the search and came up with nada.

Tea Sipper

Well, IMO they don’t have to hide terrible tea blends!

Fjellrev

I don’t even think I’ve looked at their site before! Blueberry cheesecake teas always sound good to me so I may have to check this out. :D

This is an excellent tea by TheNecessiTeas. The combination of a solid green tea, whole blueberries, and herbs lend themselves to a great infusion. The initial flavor of the blueberries and the creaminess of the herbs (licorice root I believe) create a wonderful medley of flavors very similar to enjoying the familiar desert. This has a lovely delicate sweetness accented well by the creamy flavor. Excellent desert tea. Very satisfying. Only minor flaw is a mild undertone created by the roots and herbs needed to give the tea a creamy flavor, however, one acquires a taste for these midcup.

Ricky

I love blueberries, I love cheesecake. This one sounds amazing!

spohkh

do you happen to know if this is vegan? Any dairy/egg products in it? Thanks =)

TeaGeeks

No I’m almost certain that it’s entirely vegan. You can ask Linsey herself at www.twitter.com/thenecessiteas

Kimberly Shaw

This sounds fantastic!

This was light on blueberry flavor compared to the Blueberry tea from David’s..
I admit, I have fallen in love with David’s teas.
This particular tea has it’s own merits…it does have that cakey flavor
But in a really SMOOTH way that screamed I am cheesecake with decadent blueberries.
This is a nice tea and although not my favorite blueberry tea it is
Supa Nice
Try it, you will like it…
…Mikey… ;-)

This one comes from TastyBrew! I figured I’d brew some of this up as a little celebration of being done with midterms!

This one smells heavenly! I love cheesecake and I love blueberries, and both of these aspects are present in the smell. The cheesecake aspect is dead on…I have no idea how they managed that, but it’s so good. There is also a buttery scent which is delightful! The blueberry is nice and sweet smelling, and the green base adds to this sweetness while providng a slight vegetal scent. I want to eat this tea!

Taste: The first steep was very sweet and creamy. Nice buttery notes, as well as cream cheese notes. Yum! The blueberry is very light here, but the notes I’m picking up are sweet and fresh! The vegetal aspect of the green tea is also subtle, and adds an interesting aspects to the flavor profile. Overall, I’d say this one is a win – it’s definately cheesecake-y!

The second steep is rather diluted, and definately more green tea based than the previous one. The blueberry seems absent here, but the cream cheese/cheesecake aspect is still present. This one is more savory than sweet.

Thanks again, TastyBrew for sending this nice blend my way! I’m really enjoying it!

TastyBrew

You should try it iced. I made pitchers and pitchers of this last summer. Super refreshing.

Emily M

I may just have to do that. I’d imagine this is awesome iced!

When I was growing up, my father loved cheesecake-flavored ice cream. Specifically blueberry cheesecake ice cream. So this aroma makes me nostalgic. And drool. Because oh my goodness! This tea smells amazing! Creamy, cheesy, and fruity. I almost want to nibble on the tea leaves it smells so amazing. And there are GIANT blueberries included in the leaf. It’s beautiful!

Brewing it, it turns into a very light yellow brew, with a light, beautiful aroma. It’s the same blueberry-cheesecake-y goodness as the leaf, albeit a lot more delicate and light. Unsweetened, I got a lot of the bright, berry flavor. Sweetened, it was lovely. To me, the green tea flavor is, not particular strong or stand-out, but the blueberry, and a cakey/cheesy flavor are there, and they’re lovely. It was a lot lighter and more delicate taste than one might anticipate from the aroma of the leaf. But it’s very very yummy. And I got a second brew out of it, which is surprising for a flavored tea.

Lovely tea. I think I’ll be seeking this out again.

from http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/2571/tea-review-the-necessiteas-blueberry-cheesecake/

I love a good cheesecake tea and in my past experiences, there have been very few that have truly been delicious. The most memorable ones have been Art of Tea’s blueberry cheesecake and 52Teas’ caramel cheesecake black. All cheesecake teas, though, have something a little funky about them.. it could be because it’s hard to get a true cheesecake flavor into tea leaves. After all, cheesecake isn’t something found naturally in tea.

The scent of this tea is of a green tea base, a bit of blueberries and something tangy in the background. I really love the plump blueberries in the blend — it’s always nice to see real fruits instead of just flavors in a tea blend. Sipping… oh, this is tasty. There is a great sweetness from the blueberries followed by a hint of something like greek yogurt. There is a very nice balance between the astringent green tea and the creamy flavoring. Even though I brewed it according to its directions, I have a sense that this is a tea that is very sensitive to being oversteeped — a few more seconds would have pushed this one over the edge.

This is a really nice blueberry cheesecake dessert tea. I’d be interested in tasting this tea with a rooibos base instead of a green, too.

My first reaction to this tea was “Wow look at the size of those blueberries!”. The tea itself is green based and as Geoffrey Norman pointed out it looks like Sencha with massive blueberries mixed in.

Once brewed the tea soup is a pale yellowish green that smells of very much like blueberry cheesecake. No idea how but it truly does.

First sip and I can taste the blueberries which are sweet and slightly tart but there is something in the background that does have a cakey/pie effect. A sort of biscuity flavour, slightly buttery and toasty and sweet. I would agree that this is blueberry cheesecake in smell and taste and the best thing is it’s all natural and I have not had to add any sweetener to complete the flavours.

The buttery effect becomes stronger but the gentle blueberries remain to compliment it. A very nice tea and possibly one of the nicest dessert tea’s I have tried.

The blueberries are so huge. I absolutely love the fresh juicy flavor I get. I think the green tea base allows the creaminess and the blueberry flavor to shine so much more. This will make it into my permenant tea cabinet. Delicious!

I had this tea at the end of a late lunch. I figured, if I was going to have a guilt free dessert, might as well make it a dessert-flavored tea. And this delivers. The green tea base – which I guessed was a Chinese sencha (with its natural berry notes) – worked well with the freeze-dried blueberries and natural flavoring.

I gave some to my brother and he said it was “pretty hot and tempting.”

Took the words right outta my cup.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2011/01/10/review-the-necessiteas-blueberry-cheesecake-4/

This tea was a very pleasant tea. My wife and I tried it the other night as a dessert tea, and it worked very well. While the tea’s flavor does resemble the taste of cheesecake, it also tastes like tea – as a well-blended tea should. The green tea base was also nice, because it’s lower caffeine content makes it something that you could enjoy in the evening without fear of losing any sleep.