Thé des Druides (Tea of the Druids)

Edit tea info Last updated by Doulton

From THE O DOR

Discover this druid inspired blend, an Indian black tea with flavours of coffee, cream, chocolate and a touch of citrus essential oil. Fantastic with a spot of milk.

“Druides would have made this tea a sacred drink. Let’s discover, thanks to this Celtic, tea flavours of coffee, cream, chocolate and a touch of citrus essential oil.” (from French web site).

About THE O DOR View company

I’ve had the pleasure of trying many magnificent teas recently. This is another way that sustains a very high standard of a creamy chocolate black tea with clear citrus notes. The aroma is floral candy; the taste is a citrus chocolately black tea, and the after taste is where the coffee emerges a bit.

Another delightful beverage! Very good straight up but I think I like this one with the milk and sugar I added midway through.

~lauren.

Oh, I love the name of the tea! Reminds me of Allanon of the Shannara books by Terry Brooks – which I haven’t read in 10 plus years. Where does the time go? Your post makes the tea sound scrumptious!

~lauren.

May I ask from where you are getting your THE O DOR teas? Online?

Doulton

I actually ordered this from France. I got into a panic about my public Dammann Frères order and wanted to see about speed of delivery, VAT, shipping costs. They delivered in just 6 days and included a lovely catalogue. You can buy their tea for a reasonable price in Canada, but it was cheaper to buy direct. I don’t buy the beautfiul, but costly, canister. There was sterling customer service. I would most certainly go in with anyone who wants to put in any over-seas orders or any large North America orders.

~lauren.

Thank you! I wasn’t sure – I went to www.theodor.com, which popped me into www.urbantea.com (as the US online store).

__Morgana__

I have to order this just for the name. Wonder if they have tea of the shaman? Tea of the mage? Tea of the hunter? Tea of the death knight? Lol.

Doulton

I used this link: http://www.sweetea.com/
to place my order. They sent me a nice catalogue which makes the reading much easier. Their web site seems to have been conceived by somebody who is accustomed to writing books. The catalogue that they sent me is really nifty and easy to work with. It’s a lovely pastiche, a bricolage, of different styles and centuries of diction. It’s a Gallic delight.

Ewa

Nerf tea of the druids!

~lauren.

The catalogue, per se, sounds intriguing, nevermind the tea (as lovely as THAT sounds)!

sygyzy

Your descriptions are gnarly!

I’m trying to work my way through all of the samples I’ve received from very generous people like Doulton on my days off from work. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t be nuts about this, since I used to hate the taste of coffee. Now, however, I get tons of free samples from the cafe in the bookstore where I work (be jealous), so I’ve become somewhat used to the harsh taste of coffee. As a precaution, I’ve added some milk to this in an attempt to hopefully cut the harshness and make this easier on my stomach.

In the first sip, it was the citrus flavor that hit me. The combination of the coffee and citrus is making this a bit bitter, but in a coffee way, not in a bad way. If you concentrate, you taste the sweet notes underneath the sharp orange taste. The caramel hides in the aftertaste, while the cream floats around throughout the cup. I’m not getting any chocolate, but that’s fine by me, as I’m not much of a chocolatey tea person anyway.

After subsequent sips of this, the bitterness is dying down a lot. Now it’s mainly sweet orange and cream with those fleeting hints of glorious caramel. This is quite a unique tea; all the tea that Doulton has sent me have been uncommon, surprising teas. Thank you!

gmathis

Ever have those little candy orange sticks dipped in chocolate? That’s what your description reminds me of.

Lovely afternoon tea. Cinnamon orange cream carmel tea? I’m finding it hard to pin anything down except mmmmmm delicious!! Thank you Doulton!!