25th of December - Blanc

Fruit Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The last of the The O Dor samples accompanying my order. Apparently they have at December 25th in almost every color. There's a black, a green, and a red in addition to the white. Reminds me of...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

This holiday, discover a white tea from Nepal sprinkled with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves as well as citrus fruits and a hint of bitter orange. Subtle yet refreshing, this tea is truly sophisticated and, refined.

About THE O DOR View company

1 Tasting Note

The last of the The O Dor samples accompanying my order. Apparently they have at December 25th in almost every color. There’s a black, a green, and a red in addition to the white. Reminds me of my mom, who would buy a pair of shoes in several different colors. I don’t do that. OK, maybe once or twice, but that’s ALL.

They gave me the white one — I guess because I ordered a lot of black tea, so my samples were green, rooibos, this one, and mysteriously, Earl Grey. The dry leaves look like white peony (not that I’m an expert) with orange peel and other stuff in them. They smell like a fruitcake, or perhaps the more sophisticated sounding and generally better English version, a Christmas pudding.

There’s a dense, alcoholic (guessing rum) laced with fruit aroma coming from the steeped tea. The liquor is a burnished gold color with sencha-reminiscent particles suspended in it.

The taste is mildly fruit cake spicy, with an undercurrent of alcohol and a mellowness that borders on sweet that I am guessing is the contribution of the white tea. I feel like adding apple into it and calling it wassail.

It’s tasty and something that I might enjoy revisiting in winter. A bit too much for the coming summer heat, even with the white tea base.

Auggy

I really enjoy seeing all the French flavored teas that have been popping up lately. Most of them sound so tasty!

__Morgana__