Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

• “This was a sample kindly provided at The-o-dor´s shop and duh, should have bought it. Yep. Luggage would *probably* not have burst. A warning, this is a smoked tea - a subtle one, a very subtle...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 328 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea to go in-shop (although the "to go" didn't really work out very well, since I stuck around the shop until I finished it). I was very impatient and kept sipping it despite it being...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 373 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

Known for its masculine notes of smoke but its femininity of luscious berries.

About THE O DOR View company

This was a sample kindly provided at The-o-dor´s shop and duh, should have bought it. Yep. Luggage would probably not have burst.

A warning, this is a smoked tea – a subtle one, a very subtle one, but smoked tea haters might want to avoid this. On the other it is perhaps the most subtle, more ready for for smoke-curious smoked tea I ever tried.

It is a light smoke tea with red berries. I was stupidly careless when brewing it (a sample! a precious sample, careless indeed) and I overbrew it, longer than 5 minutes for sure, let´s say on its way to 10 minutes for sure. It did not really matter, it was wonderful just the same with that particular mellowness which I associate with lapsang souchong (a confession, I love lapsang souchong not because of the smell, but because of that mellow taste).

Ysaurella

this one looks not bad but not maybe as good as you expected?

cteresa

No it was great, did you think that because of the rating? I try to not overrate things, to reserve really high notes to things which are astounding , and maybe not rate as high flavoured teas.

I really hate it when some people on steepster rate everything decent 85-100 which is really misleading as well and is just narrowing the space phase of possible ratings. This was great. I am going to delete the rating, thinking about it seemed fair, but this is wishlist material and maybe my rating was confusing.

Ysaurella

it was more because the note was short and the rating yes not so high.

cteresa

Oh, it was just difficult to know what to say – it was lovely and not ruined by my extra long steeping and am gonna buy it one day, but other than that, I ruined it for a fair trial (but it was lovely just the same) and could thing of nothing interesting to say!

I had this tea to go in-shop (although the “to go” didn’t really work out very well, since I stuck around the shop until I finished it). I was very impatient and kept sipping it despite it being too hot still. This left me with a burned tongue, and a little less insight into the actual taste than I’d like.

What I DID get, however, was smoke. Delicious smoke, dark, not burnt. You could smell the fruit, faintly, but I didn’t get much of it in the taste right away (see: burning my tongue). As it cooled there was a pale fruityness. At one point, something a touch tart, perhaps. Either way, it’s going on my shopping list because I’d like to try it again. Smoke and Fruit? Sounds like a genius combination to me.

I bonded with the guy serving the tea, as we both enjoyed smoky teas. “Kindred spirits”, I think he said. We joked about how under appreciated it can be.

He had a set steep time (and temperature, I assume), but I don’t know what they were. Brewed to perfection, though.

That sounds absolutely wonderful! Well, all but the burning-of-the-tongue :P

AJ

They’ve got more than one teablend that contains smoky teas! To the point that on their tea menu, they’ve got a section labelled “Smoky Teas”. I think I should make it my mission to try them all.

I deem that mission “brilliant!” :D

Awesome.

Rabs

AAAAAAAAH! LOVES the new profile pic :D I cannot wait ’til spring!

AJ

Hahahah, I decided I needed a NewWho one for a bit. Mine are always ClassicWho, or an ambiguous shot of the TARDIS.

The preview for spring made me snicker, though. He should do homburgs next.

I’ll probably circle back to the Third Doctor drinking tea in a week or two.