Scandale

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've been saving up my The O Dor teas ever since the supplier, the Urban Tea Merchant stopped carrying the brand. But unfortunately teas can't really be 'saved' for an indefinite length of time so...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1572 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

Most scandals arise from rumours. Is it because the Pu Ehr is supposed to be highly beneficial to the health? Or because of the earthy and woody notes that make its taste so unique? No! The scandal came from elsewhere; from its alliance to vanilla and cinnamon which would, allegedly, make it more agreeable to many of us.

Ideal brewing time: 4 to 6’

Water temperature: 85°C (185°F)

About THE O DOR View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve been saving up my The O Dor teas ever since the supplier, the Urban Tea Merchant stopped carrying the brand. But unfortunately teas can’t really be ‘saved’ for an indefinite length of time so I figured it was time to crack open the tins I bought on the cheap when they were clearing them out. My aunt, who does tea leaf readings, recommended this blend to me and she generally has good taste when it comes to these things.

I recently tried another cinnamon pu-ehr from Davids Tea and I wasn’t terribly impressed, but this blend is vastly better. The pu-ehr has a lovely depth of flavour and is a pleasant mix of woody and earthy notes without being overpowering. The cinnamon and vanilla flavour go well with the base and unlike the Davids Tea one they don’t go for the cinnamon heart candies flavour and frankly the natural flavours are already sweet enough. I guess there’s something to be said for purchasing tea from a high-end retailer. Now if only I can find another supplier that ships to Canada.

ooh that sounds tasty!

MissB

I’m hoping that enough of us Vancouver-ites complain, they’ll start ordering it again. ;)

cteresa

I have the same problem Theodor in portugal – and their site shipping is the same anywhere in the world and yikes.

this sounds lovely, something to keep in mind. I have a theory regarding north american cinnamon and european cinnamon – usually they are different species, the most used spice for “cinnamon” in north america is cassia which is similar but sharper and thinner than the ceylon or true cinnamon europeans are used to.

Maureen

This sounds lovely! I am always in the mood for a good cinnamon blend, especially in something like a pu’erh. I haven’t found one I totally love yet, so maybe this is the one.