Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by meliorate

• “Another tea brought back from Paris, specifically from the lovely little THÉ O DOR shop near the Trocadéro Metro stop. Out of the way and adorable, I was served by a very friendly lady who took the...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

Sometimes, a small detail makes a huge difference and leads to the world’s opulence… This detail, I found it in a tea with secret flavours and delicate champagne notes. I can’t do with out it. As a matter of fact, one needs to have a good palate to appreciate this tea that I drink every D Day, on every special opportunity…well, that means every day for me. What about you?

Flavoured white tea with champagne flavour.
Ideal brewing time: 6 to 8’
Water temperature: 80°C (176°F)

About THE O DOR View company

Another tea brought back from Paris, specifically from the lovely little THÉ O DOR shop near the Trocadéro Metro stop. Out of the way and adorable, I was served by a very friendly lady who took the time to open lots of caddies of tea for me and chat to me about each one even though my French is a little rusty! She recommended me this, as I asked about flavoured white teas, and it smelt so decadent in the tin I just caved…

That said, I find that the leaves smell more like champagne than the brewed tea does! Maybe it’s because it’s fresher-smelling, and you don’t often drink champagne hot? It’s flowery and with an unmistakeably sharp fruit scent that seems to call the sharpness of alcohol. Light body, very fragrant, I find the champagne flavour is mostly in the aftertaste, which is really quite nice and subtle, builds up after a few sips. And strangely I can’t detect any one distinct floral flavour like rose or anything — that’s an indicator of how well-blended and harmonised the flavours in this are! I can’t find any specific details on the contents but there are yellow petals amongst the leaves.

Very smooth, only sliiiightly dry, which makes a nice change — most alcohol-flavoured teas I’ve tried were strong black ones. This goes down much more easily :) A nice tea, but not quite my own “Jour J” occasion tea!

Ysaurella

hot champagne gosh !

meliorate

It really is a strange combination to think of!