ASSAM YUNNAN BLEND G.B.O.P.

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “This is why you have to try everything. This is why I’m always excited to see things in a swap/care package that I would never choose for myself. This is totally different from the other...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 956 tasting notes
  • “Hope this is the right spot for this tea. This is a pretty nommy Assam blend. Steeped at just below boiling for 2 minutes. Tasted hot and it was drinkable but nothing stand out. Let cool for about...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 733 tasting notes
  • “not a bad cup for this morning. I don’t ADORE this tea, so i’m glad that i’m getting around to finishing up the last of this. It’s interesting...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7178 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

ASSAM YUNNAN BLEND G.B.O.P.

The alliance of two origins for a morning tea, full-bodied with no bitterness and tonic. This blend will appeal to those who wake up early
Ideal infusin time: 4~5 mn
Water temperature: 85°

About THE O DOR View company

This is totally different from the other Assam I was drinking earlier. This is a beautiful tea – not at all what I would expect from an Assam. Still not in my preferred flavor profile for black but really interesting.
It’s a little fruity and and light. Some wine/grape notes while it’s really hot. As it cools those notes deepen and it becomes a little bitter – but in a good way – almost sweet bitter chocolate. Very interesting.
Thanks so much Sil for sending this my way.

i picked up a few random teas while in paris. Ie. told the shop keeper to randomly pick a straight tea for for or X tea for me. and just bought it. this was one of those lol.

Please keep things friendly and .

Hope this is the right spot for this tea. This is a pretty nommy Assam blend. Steeped at just below boiling for 2 minutes. Tasted hot and it was drinkable but nothing stand out. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then that sweet spot hit for Assams and me. Malt notes become more present, liquor becomes sweeter. Nothing I need to pick up over other Assams in my cupboard that are more accessible to me, but super happy to have tried this. Thanks, SIl!

Oh, and Assams pair nicely with fruity candy, just in case you were looking for a food pairing. Starburst and Skittles and Assams. A good breakfast.

you got it! also i had this one today as well heh

Zennenn

Just had my first straight assam today and enjoyed it. I’ll have to look for some of your other notes for other leads. ;)

carol who

Ha! Candy as part of “food pairings”. You are just plain evil! :D

Please keep things friendly and .

not a bad cup for this morning. I don’t ADORE this tea, so i’m glad that i’m getting around to finishing up the last of this. It’s interesting and it’s always nice to try new things but i won’t be upset when this one finally leaves my cupboard. What’s great is the price since i picked this one up in paris when our dollar was doing well – it was cheaper than a number of straight teas i typically stock from companies here :)