Earl Grey Royal

Edit tea info Last updated by Jenn the eskimo

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Another sample that came with my order. Group A streptococcus has paid a visit to our house, and between the sick kidlet not sleeping well and his younger brother being jealous that he was...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

Although officially classified as an aromatic tea, Earl Grey has forever been considered a great classic amongst all teas. Perfumed by fine Italian bergamot, this is an outstanding Earl Grey, sprinkled with blue cornflowers and helianthus petals – a soft blend.

About THE O DOR View company

1 Tasting Note

Another sample that came with my order.

Group A streptococcus has paid a visit to our house, and between the sick kidlet not sleeping well and his younger brother being jealous that he was getting all the attention in the middle of the night and choosing to have a tantrum about it, I did not sleep well either. My eyes are pretty much at half mast this morning and we’re out of toothpicks.

So I though I’d invite the Earl to tea and see what sort of impression he made.

Yellow and blue petals among dry leaves that smell strongly of bergamot. Steeps to a very dark, reddish caramel color. Less bergamot in the aroma after steeping, instead it is more of an orange scent and a very rich, almost chocolatey black tea undercurrent.

The taste is quite nice. The bergamot is not strong and perfumy, which is great. Strong, oily, perfumy bergamot upsets my stomach. It’s more of an impression the tea gives rather than an outright taste. It’s like the way a good jasmine or other flower scented tea gives the impression more than an actual taste. To the extent it’s a taste, it’s orangy, fruity and mild rather than tasting like rubbing alcohol smells, as some bergamot oils do.

The underlying tea is a yummy, smooth black tea. Medium-to-full bodied and medium-sweet with low astringency.

It’s a gentle, polite Earl and he’s welcome to come back to visit any time.

SoccerMom

Sorry to hear your you have a sick kiddo. Hope they feel better soon and that you get some rest today.

__Morgana__

Thank you!

Rabs

::hugs::

__Morgana__

Thanks, Rabs!

Rabs

Aw, you’re very welcome! It sounds like you had a very rough night and yet you wrote a lovely tasting note that makes me want to try this tea. So thank you too! ::more hugs:: :)