J'Aime Vert

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From THE O DOR

A tea with imprints of a guilty pleasure, lush with the seductive notes of Parisian macarons and the invitation to indulge…perfumed with almond, notes of grenadine, strawberry and cherry; it is rich and juicy, reminding us that tea is a treat for every moment.

About THE O DOR View company

Backlog

This was my last bit of this sample. I was sad to see it go. The scent is intoxicating. It is sweet, floral, and slightly fruity. Great tea!

I was making this tea for my husband, so I figured I’d do a quick review.

The description from THE O DOR of this tea describes the tea as reminiscent of French macarons and I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with this. There is a distinct sweet almond (very much like fine macarons) aroma once you open the tin and that made this macaron lover salivate. There’s also a underlying note of berries – mostly strawberry – as well.

I brewed for the recommended 3 minutes and tasted. Brewed, the aroma had slight grassy notes, with just a hint of the sweet almond still discernible. The tea definitely had the slightly grassy taste that green teas often have, but it was not overwhelming at all. Upon tasting, the sweet almond and slight berry flavour is apparent in the finish, but not the forefront for sure.

I also made this tea iced and the profile of the iced tea was very similar to that of the hot; the only real difference is the almond flavouring came through a bit more and wasn’t quite as sweet as it was when hot (it took on more of a bitter almond profile). Unfortunately I also couldn’t taste any of the berry either.

Overall it’s a lovely tea, but I think I’d try to find something with more berry flavouring (the almond tends to overwhelm the berry) and less grassiness (it seems like the almond was there to almost try and mask the grassiness).

Jenn

Wow, this tea sounds fantastic!

Megs

It is a pretty good tea – especially if you like almond! I’d give it a try if you can find it locally (or you can also order it online I believe).