So Long

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “travelling tea box A! oh god. this smells...uh gross. I'm fairly certain it's the bergamot that's inflicting this pain on my nose..or rather the blend of bergamot and passion fruit, which smells...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4830 tasting notes
  • “At the very first sip, I didn't like this tea.No personnality at all. I found this weird, as even if I don't have a very large experience with Theodor, I know I never found any of their tea bad. I...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 339 tasting notes
  • “This is a tea which has been having rotten luck at my house. Whenever I make it I get distracted while doing it, and do not give it much enough attention. Ysaurella, to whom I had sent some in a...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 328 tasting notes
  • “It's kinda sad that the people I traded this tea with got around to trying it before I did, lol. The scent of the dry leaves reminds me a bit of an earl grey, but fruitier and sweeter. Wet...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1582 tasting notes

From THE O DOR

To further the appreciation of the Oolong, it is heightened by the flavours of pineapple, passion fruit, mango and warm bergamot orange. The taste lingers on and on.

About THE O DOR View company

travelling tea box A!

oh god. this smells…uh gross. I’m fairly certain it’s the bergamot that’s inflicting this pain on my nose..or rather the blend of bergamot and passion fruit, which smells distinct on it’s own and is now coupled with bergamot. blech.

As for the taste? It’s really not too bad. The base blends quite nicely with the rest of the flavouring, leaving a cup that is actually pretty decent…except i can’t get past that smell. To which my other half has declared – “it smells like bad weed” not that i’d know what that smells like lol but his roomate at one point was too cheap to smoke good stuff…which apparently doesn’t smell as bad haha.

Terri HarpLady

I’m so glad the box FINALLY arrived!

At the very first sip, I didn’t like this tea.No personnality at all. I found this weird, as even if I don’t have a very large experience with Theodor, I know I never found any of their tea bad.
I decided to let the cup cooling a little and retried.
This is really better even if probably this oolong tea base is light bodied.
Flavours of mango and exotic fruits are not too strong and absolutely natural.
Tea base and flavours are working perfectly together. Having said that I need to give a precision : mango and exotic fruits are not my favourite fruits so my rating can be affected by my preferences.
This tea is really more than decent, it’s a good light tea for an afternoon but it wouldn’t be one of my staples.
I think it could be drank in the evening as well.

Thank you so much for sharing some of your Theodor order and this tea with me cteresa

cteresa

I have had it twice, none of the times really giving it due attention to do a proper tasting note and that is my impression – a decent enough tea, good tea even which I will drink with enough pleasure but not a rebuy.

Ysaurella

awww you should make a proper note too :)

cteresa

I keep getting distracted whenever I make this. The second time, i was literally pouring the water when I got a phone call. I will try again soon.

This is a tea which has been having rotten luck at my house. Whenever I make it I get distracted while doing it, and do not give it much enough attention. Ysaurella, to whom I had sent some in a swap did a tasting note before I ever got to it. Poor neglected tea!

Even today, I used water which was too cold – should have been a bit hotter. But even so, since the result was so nice, here goes. This is a tropical fruits oolong. Site says “pineapple, red passion fruits, mango and bergamot” and it is a nice touch to distinguish between the passion fruit type – I suppose their red is what we call purple passion fruit and which is indeed the better and pricier kind of passion fruit (green passion fruit grows better in our climate, it´s the only one which will grown on the mainland and produces tons more but is just not nearly as nice).

The oolong is not too dark, not too green, not too large, not too small – and not too noticeable underneath the fruit. There are some filler petals – rose and something else. There is bergamot in this tea but it might possibly be the most subtle use of bergamot I ever noticed (of course, uses of bergamot I never noticed would be more subtle even ;). For me the main note is passion fruit, with a touch of bergamot second and only then mango and then I take on faith there is pineapple. It´s fruity, smooth, and I think it would be delightful cold. I love passion fruit with its inherent tartness and funny how the bergamot seems to amplify it.

LaFleurBleue

Purple passion fruit is also my favorite. Does the yellow / green passion fruit grown in Portugal also have yellow flesh inside? In Indonesia, there’s a sort of passion fruit I’ve not seen elsewhere with the inside being greyish with bigger seeds than the purple. Honestly I do not enjoy eating it.

cteresa

The green passion fruit is sort of green-yellow inside – and it´s sour, I really do not like it very much. Even on juice, it´s only good mixed with orange juice. (and I love love purple passion fruit juice. Fresh when possible which is rarely or Compal Fresh Maracujá which is the bestest fruit juice ever packaged ever).

The green is like this http://www.google.com/search?q=maracuj%C3%A1+verde

It´s a lot tougher and more prolific and easier to propagate (just stick a cutting in thr ground) than the purple one so i guess that is why it is so popular. But everything traditional (liqueur, mousse, etc) is always done with purple passion fruit.

It’s kinda sad that the people I traded this tea with got around to trying it before I did, lol.

The scent of the dry leaves reminds me a bit of an earl grey, but fruitier and sweeter. Wet they’re more like a not-so-pungent version of Adagio’s Grapefruit Oolong with the same wood/bark and citrus odor. However, as the tea steeped it actually took on a bit of a spicy quality near the end of the four minutes. Interesting.

When I sip the first thing I get is the bergamot, but it’s sort of a gentle, perfumed bergamot. Then it briefly takes on a rather tropical-fruity sort of flavour quickly followed by the wet cedar bark flavour of the oolong. Though again, the wet cedar bark thing isn’t as strong as it was in the Grapfruit Oolong. Finally, there’s also a bit of a spicy sort of aftertaste that lingers in the back of my throat after each sip.

Tamara Fox

Ah, that’s what I love about The O Dor teas! They are so complex there is no simple description of them, and no simple experience. Each time, they feel like a new experience of tea :) Great review!

Ricky

Hence the never ending Jillian cupboard =P

Ohhhh, this one does sound good. But bergamottttt =/

Jillian

Well it’s not all bergamot. :P

Ricky

But there will be a bergamot o dor. I’m actually getting use to bergamot. The idea of it still scares me, but I can drink it without an issue.

Another Jillian Tea…YAY!

This is every bit of Flavored Oolong.

Most of the flavors blend together but I can taste the Bergamot a bit more than the rest. I can smell the Pineapple a bit more than the rest. The wet leaves smell like a wooded forest after a heavy rain. Dry leaves a semi fruity and the calm before the storm…so to speak. Interested blend…very happy I got to try it! Still true to the oolong, tho! NICE!

Jillian

You know you’re the first one to try this tea – although you make it sound so good I think I’ll have to break out some today. :D

There aren’t many teas from Theodor I don’t like, but this is one of them. In my opinion the fruity flavoring and the oolongy characteristics don’t really mesh well. It’s not awful, but nothing special either. Not my cup of tea…

Ysaurella

absolutely agree with you on this one. It doesn’t taste like a Theodor to me.