Rose Mojito (formerly Amore)

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by KeenTeaThyme

• “I am going to up the rating on this one just a tad. The big issue I have with this tea is I PERSONALLY do not care for mint as much as I used to HOWEVER on the flip side I am beginning to...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I cold brewed this all day in the fridge as others said they liked it that way. In my opinion the flavors meld together more making the sip less complex. I enjoyed this much more hot. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1156 tasting notes
  • “I tried this both hot and cold brewed--hot I think the mint kind of overwhelmed everything else, it just tasted like a regular peppermint to me. Cold, though, the other flavors come out...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Dry Aroma: Mostly Minty but also a stronger Rose Aroma as a secondary Post Infusion Aroma: Mostly Rose but a nice refreshing Mint Scent, too. Color: Light Brown with a little gray. Taste: ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

#

Organic White Teas, Wild Roses, Organic Peppermint, Seasonally Selected Botanicals
Characteristics

Refreshing, Mild, Fragrant, Organic

Fruity, Minty

A beautiful blend of organic flower-scented white teas, wild roses, organic peppermint and seasonally selected botanicals.

Its refreshing and aromatic qualities make it great for an after meal pick-up, or for sipping in the evening with someone you love.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

Not bad! The mint and rose are not overpowering the white tea flavor. Not my favorite combo ever but not as bad as I had feared (I recently found I have an aversion to overly rosey teas!) If you like mint and rose this would be one to try :)

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea to try.

This is very nice. A lovely level of mint flavor – not overwhelming. Mild and crisp. The rose is so very delicate. Beautiful.

Man! I was looking forward to this one… After the white rose tea I just had yesterday. This is another tea from Stephanie and I don’t know what went wrong but I didn’t smell any mint. After steeping it for the correct amount of time, the water was untouched, not a drop of liquor in it. Not even the slightest discoloration. So I tasted it and it tasted of soap:/ rose soap. No white tea flavor or mint. I have no idea what happened. :/ dang it. It got such great ratings… I wanted this to be good. Ill have to try again some other time. 3 more teas left in Stephanie’s swap. Sip down!

This is not the tea for me. It has a cinnamon spiciness that mixed with the mint and it is just kind of the opposite of my taste palate. I know other’s are loving it, so I will refrain from rating.

This was okay, but it didn’t really grab me. The steeped tea smells nice, and the flavours are pleasant enough, but kind of bland. Maybe I needed to make it stronger (I used 3 tsp for a 15-oz mug), or maybe it’s meant to be delicate and I generally go for stronger flavours. Thanks to Starfevre for the sample.

I bought this one specifically to be cold brewed or made hot, then iced.

Really good decision!

This is a really light tea, strongly tasting of peppermint with a generic floral flavor as a background note. I don’t specifically note it as rose (of which there were lots in my sample!), but it’s definitely a flower. There’s also kind of a light citrusy note I’m picking up. It’s not super pronounced on every sip, but I’m definitely getting it. With summer coming up this is definitely ending up in the re-buy list! :)

Iced 8 min or more

I got my Kati Cup today! Good thing, too. The rest of my tea-ware was dirty. I have been wanting to try a white tea. This was a good one to start with. I was worried as I currently only have a tea kettle and no way to assess temperature. I took the lid off the tea kettle until I could no longer see steam. I think it worked out quite well. I don’t really believe that there is mint included in this tea. That may be because I am used to drinking straight peppermint tea and I don’t have a palate that can discern different tastes. As I sip this I am getting a funny feeling in the back of my throat. I am told this is part of the “dryness” of white tea? So I guess I am okay with it.

Love.

That is pretty much all I can say. I love rose, I love mint, and I think white tea is just fabulous for carrying flavor. I was worried the mint would overwhelm this but it really doesn’t. Both the rose and mint are equally represented, making it a calming tea I could see enjoying hot or iced depending on the season. I cannot wait to get more!