Fruit Herbal White Blend
Autumn Leaf Pile, Coconut, Cream, Grass, Hay, Sweet, Tangy
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “Wow! This was way better (and different) from what I expected! Thanks for sending me a sample, *Azzrian*! The coconut flavour in this blend is definitely different from the typical coconut you...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “Made a 2nd infusion of this last night and iced it and man it held up well! It's nice and sweet without any sugar, but not overly sweet. The ultra creamyness falls away to make way for the coconut...” Read full tasting note
    MadelineAlyce 59 tasting notes
  • “Okay so I bought this a while ago but something went funky with it I guess. It started to smell off like metal almost and I tried drinking it and it was horrid. So I asked in my last order with The...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I decided to give this tea another shot as a cold brew. It wasn't really my cup of tea hot, but iced + coconut usually = good things! This got a short steep, since I made it last afternoon and...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Coconut Crème is a delightfully smooth, sweet and creamy tea with a light body. A customer favorite, this tea blends quality white loose-leaf tea leaves with coconut, safflowers, cornflowers and natural flavors that you will surely enjoy hot or iced. Add a little honey or rock sugar to a pot of Coconut Crème for a soothing after dinner delight!

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

Let me just start by saying that this is such a pretty tea! It is mild flavor wise, which I enjoyed. Not too sweet or too bland and you can taste the hints of coconut from start to finish.

Lewis and Clarke TTB

So my mom gave me some frozen venison from last years hunting season, and she told me to stew it because it’s the tough cuts. I’m a rebel and decided to slow cook it on a BBQ sauce concoction I made instead. So now my whole apartment smells like yummy BBQ sauce. It won’t be done for 5 hours, but I plan in shredding it and I can’t wait.

Anyway, I’ve been drinking puerh all day (review in a bit), and decided to take a quick break in between for this.

There’s a little bit of an oily film here, I don’t mind it but just a heads up in case you do. This is yummy. Lots of cream and a nice coconut blast at the end of the sip and sticks around a nice long time.

I’m going to try the other half of the sample cold steeped. Persimmon Tree makes a mean cream tea though.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh man, I might have done a dumb today. I am in a real hurry to get my new tea lair in the bedroom (still needs a new name) set up, but a lot of the stuff I can’t do because it involves moving heavy things, and Ben is busy with work so I am stuck in tea limbo. Well, I decided to take it upon my self to move some of the furniture around, and I think that sharp pain in my hips means I won’t be able to walk tomorrow. Silly me, I never learn and always manage to over do it when I am doing house work.

Today’s tea is going to do an excellent job of distracting me, but tropical flavors do that to me, especially coconut! Coconut Crème by The Persimmon Tree Tea Company is a blend of White Tea, Coconut, Cornflowers, Safflowers (all organic) and Natural Flavoring. I found this intriguing because I have never seen coconut mixed with white tea, I bet it will be a delightful blend of flavors. Well, I can certainly say it smells good! The aroma is a blend of coconut, honey, and delicate floral with hints of lettuce and cream. It is very sweet and rich, especially strong in the coconut department.

This is one of those teas that when it is steeping it fills the entire area up with its aroma, specifically its coconutty aroma. The wet leaves are intensely coconutty, but there are also notes of honey, fresh vegetation, and a touch of lettuce. The liquid smells like coconut bread, fresh vegetation, and flowers. It is mild in comparison to the leaves, and fairly relaxing in its mellowness.

Tasting time, and I am excited, I have a serious weakness for coconut (one time on a 22 hour bus trip I subsided on coconut water alone) and tend to get bouncy when I am about to ingest something with coconut in it. Starting out is an oily and smooth mouthfeel, very typical of teas with coconut pieces in it, coconut is just so oily that it will always turn the tea oily. The taste instantly reminds me of coconut milk, specifically of one of my favorite desserts: coconut tapioca. I first discovered this at a Thai restaurant as a kid, my grandmother and I instantly fell in love with it, it then became a tradition that she would make it for the two of us to share. There is the obvious taste of coconut, but there are also notes of honey, cream, tapioca, and a tiny touch of flowers. This tea is tasty both hot and chilled, though I prefer it hot.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-persimmon-tree-tea-company-coconut.html

Oops, I’ve been neglecting my Persimmon Tree samples! I still have a couple that I haven’t tried yet, and I’ve had them since the July 4th sale. Now that I’m done with the TTB, I can get back to focusing on sipdowns! It doesn’t specify the type of white tea, but I’m going to guess shou mei based on the appearance. There are some flower petals mixed in for color. It smells nice and coconutty! :)

The brewed tea smells grassier than I would like… I generally like white teas less when they have that leaf/grass quality about them. The coconut flavor is quite good, and it’s actually strong enough! I was expecting much less from this tea after trying their Butterscotch, but this is actually quite a nice and light coconut tea. I would like this even better if the base tea were more hay-like and less grassy, but you can’t have everything you want! Overall, a lovely tea if you like coconut. :)

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Coconut, Cream, Grass, Hay, Sweet

Sarsonator

I’m not huge on coconut, but I liked this one. It’s funny… I don’t really recall those grassy notes.

Mikumofu

this is one of the Persimmon Tree teas that has an exact equivalent by Art of Tea (I don’t remember which one sources from the other) but it’s surprisingly good! I don’t think I liked coconut in teas until after I tried this one :)

Cameron B.

This definitely made me want to try Stacy’s limited edition coconut white tea. :)

Sipdown (168/174)!

Another from 221Tea. When I saw it I knew immediately I’d be cold brewing it! I just need to find that perfect Coconut Grove replacement. I mean, I’ve come close but still not quite there. I thought this would be a good match because of the white base.

It was good; just still not that same level of spectacular. Biggest complain is that this was all creamy coconut until the end sip which had this unpleasant, sharp sourness that I don’t think coconut should ever have. That through it off a lot for me. So nice to try, but not gonna pursue.

Oh, Tre bought a bike. I did not know Tre bought a bike until I came home from work late at night, exhausted and walked into the apartment with all the lights out, turned the corner and tripped over the MASSIVE box he’d left in the middle of the floor.

It’s been at least three days now; the box is still there. No one will move it. And it’s stinks; like tires…

Nasty, plastic tires. Yuck.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Tangy

Wow, I am on a roll with teas this AM! Both selections so far are new, and both were very good. This white tea smells wonderful, and when brewed, it absolutely tastes like coconut.

I tried it without sugar, and then with a little added. It was good both ways, but I preferred it with a small amount of rock sugar.

Coconut isn’t my favorite flavor, but this was a very well done coconut tea. I’m happy to have received the sample from The Persimmon Tree.

Cold brewed yummy creamy coconut, kind of reminds me of a coconut cream popsicle.

I picked this up as a sample with my recent order. I generally find that I really enjoy coconut blends and the reviews of this one made me want to try it.

Dry leaf smells wonderfully of sweet coconut.

I found it a bit difficult to measure this, as most white teas, due to some of the larger leaves. Steeped I get a nice natural coconut flavor on the initial part of every sip with a rich dense mouth feel from the white tea base, heavier than I expected from a white tea but I haven’t had very many of them yet. As it cools I find that after the initial natural coconut flavor, it tastes a bit like coconut lotion/soaps smell, not like soap, but the smell of coconut scented soap. Many have commented that this is similar to coconut milk or water in flavor, & I have to admit I don’t think I’ve ever had either one, so I don’t have anything like that to compare this to. I am also finding a bit of an aftertaste that lingers long after the sip… not sure what that is from. I will give this a second steep and see how it does.

Several of you have mentioned that this is good as a cold steep. I may have to try that with what’s left to see how that changes this one. I’ll hold off on rating for now.

Flavors: Coconut

Water: 16oz

Leaves: mixture of various leaves + coconut

Steep: 4m

Aroma: coconut & caramel

Color: golden yellow

Taste: I decided after eating my bowl of ramen i wanted to drink so tea & this was my go to, since i haven’t tried it yet. As i opened the package i notice a coconut & caramel aroma. This time around i wanted to try something different (i wanted a bit more tea than the usual 8oz) so i use 16oz of water & allowed my tea to steep. The tea was a golden yellow that i noticed to be a bit more flavored than the other two teas I’ve previously tried. Although I’m not a huge fan of coconut in general this tea wasn’t so bad.

A very lovely tea to behold. It smells great and brews up beautifully golden. The coconut is clean and natural without overwhelming the tea. Very nice indeed.