Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by The Persimmon Tree

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

These tender, young green tea leaves have been rolled into small spheres, resembling gunpowder that comprises and gives the name to our green organic Gunpowder tea. Stronger than most green loose-leaf teas, organic Gunpowder green tea produces a grassy infusion with a slightly smoky flavor. A deeply renewing pick-me-up any time of day.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

Brought this one with me to class today, which may not have been the best idea because the water temps at school vary so much. It was actually unusually piping hot today, and I didn’t wait long enough for it to cool before steeping the tea, so it ended up more bitter than usual. I think the strong smoky taste helped mask the bitterness a bit, though, so it all worked out. Plus, when I’m in the middle of lecture, I’m not too picky about what tea I have as long as it helps me focus, haha.

I enjoyed this gunpowder, it’s creamy and a bit smoky – perfect for mixing with mint for my own Moroccan Mint blend! Yummeh,

Full review:

Loose
Appearance: grey green gunpowder curls
Aroma when Dry: dusty, sour grassy
After water is first poured: sweet, grassy
At end of first steep: juicy, grassy
Tea liquor:
At end of first steep: hints of green
Staple? Type no, brand acceptable
Preferred time of day: any
Taste:
At first ?: heavy vegital, creamy close
As it cools?: notes deepen, tea gets bodied
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Buttery notes

Gunpowder is the green tea my humans drink most, so they should have tasted ’em all, right? Wrong! This version lifts gunpowder from the mundane. Even this humble little teapot thinks so. http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-persimmon-tree-teas-gunpowder.html