Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Genmaicha green tea, also known as “poor man’s tea” is an earthy infusion of freshly-picked organic loose-leaf sencha tossed with toasted rice kernels. Fit for any occasion, Genmai Cha tea is a good choice for bold flavor.

The health benefits of Genmai cha tea are endless, making it a great beverage to drink daily as part of a healthy lifestyle.

As part of the green tea family, Genmai green tea with its anti-oxidizing properties can help in the following ways:

Countering fatigue, laziness, sleepiness and lack of energy
Improving blood circulation
Boosting immunity
Toning muscles and skin (anti-aging)
Eliminating toxins from the body
Reducing chances of cancer
Reducing cholesterol
Increasing cardiac and arterial health
Reducing blood-glucose levels (good for diabetics)
Aiding weight loss (enhancing the rate of metabolism)
Boosting stamina and endurance

Steeping loose leaf tea is easy. Simply spoon 1-2 tsp of desired tea into a tea filter or infuser. Heat fresh, filtered water to a rolling boil and leave to cool just a little.

Pour water over tea and steep. Refer to individual tea information (above) for recommended temperature and brewing time.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

I got this as a sample from The Persimmon Tree Tea. I LOVE genmaicha! This is a really nice one. Its roasty and toasty and really forgiving!
I knew I was using too hot of water temp but I was too impatient to wait for it to cool down so just used the 195 degree water out of my Zojiroushi. (sp?) letting it steep for a good 5 minutes. I really need a nap and am in one of those moods where if I over steeped or didn’t get the water temp right so be it. Surprisingly this turned out really nice!
It does not taste over steeped or as if I burnt it!
Thank you genmaicha for being so kind today!
VERY yummy!

Muchos gracias to Azzrian for this delightful Genmaicha!
I don’t often make it at home because I often end up having some when I go out for sushi, but then when I do, I always remember how much better it is when made with fresh loose leaves and rice!
This is so warm and comforting and just like a big hug or chicken soup. The roasty toasty rice aspect really reaches down to that happy tea place, and then I am hit with a sweet finish that takes me by surprise every time.
I’m on my second steep now and I think it’s better than the first. Really enjoying this cuppa. Is it sweeter somehow? I think it is! Now I am wondering if I added sugar and forgot, but I really don’t think I did. If this is naturally sweet, it is darn good!
Anyhow, thanks again Azzrian for the “hug”!

Thank you Yappychappy! I was craving a genmaicha and I looked in my sample drawer and BAM! there was a genmaicha sample. I steeped this in my little robot strainer. It’s my favorite :D But doesn’t really get the job done.. So it’ll go back to being part of the decor on the tea desk. ANYWAYS.. this is a nice genmaicha. Green and toasty.
Thanks again!

My humans are a bit nutty over gen mai cha, so they loved this one, of course. They lay out why with some neat photos here: http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-persimmon-tree-teas-genmaicha.html

I am really enjoying the two genmaicha’s I’ve tried. This one is more mild than the one from Den’s Tea, but equally enjoyable.