Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by ScottTeaMan

• “My apologies for uploading this low res picture but I cannot seem to grab anything better from their website. If anyone figures out how to do this and wants to update the photo please, feel free!...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2170 tasting notes
  • “Special Thanks to Amy Oh for this one! I like Peaches and I like Picnics...so...lets do a happy dance for this tisane! Woot! The Peach and Citrus flavors sing in unison - much like happy,...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “So, I went downstairs to make this tea, iced, as it's freaking hot here, and my roommate intercepted asking for some tea. Problem: He asks for the tea "You know, that really good one you have a...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 937 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from Monday A sample from *Queen of Tarts*, and the second of tonight’s stone fruit rooibos blends. This one has a bit more going on – it’s a green rooibos base, with peach, strawberry,...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 687 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

A summer fruit-inspired blend of green rooibos, peaches, strawberries and citrus. This incredibly refreshing, nectar-like blend tastes great with a touch of honey, hot or iced.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

So I thought this was a delicious herbal blend. The lighter green rooibos makes a delicious accompaniment to the fruit infused flavors here, peaches, strawberries and citrus. I tend to like fruity things and it is quite a bit on the peach side but I can still taste a bit of strawberry and orange. You could easily add a touch of sugar to this if you wanted it to be a bit sweeter. I thought it was great plain and this would also make a nice caffeine free iced tea. Delicious and refreshing and thankfully, NO HIBISCUS! Yay! I’m a Happy Camper. :)

If you liked Green and Fruity from David’s Tea I would recommend this as well…

Pic updated. ;-))

TeaBrat

How did you do it? Now I need to know! The drag and drop method did not work.

ScottTeaMan

I have a Windows snipping tool. Initially, I couldn’t save it, but the tool allows me to save any picture on the web. I used Nero Phtosnap to crop the pic, saved it…….and TADAAAHHH!! :))

ScottTeaMan

If you have Windows you might have this tool. It is under PROGRAMS, then ACCESSORIES.

TeaBrat

I’m on a Mac! But thank you for the effort… :)

ScottTeaMan

Don’t they ahve a tool similar to that?

ScottTeaMan

Not a problem…….you’re welcome. :))

TeaBrat

Perhaps it does but I’m not exactly a power user… ;-)

Special Thanks to Amy Oh for this one! I like Peaches and I like Picnics…so…lets do a happy dance for this tisane! Woot!

The Peach and Citrus flavors sing in unison – much like happy, hungry ants singing joyfully and whistling as they march off with some Glorious Picnic Crumbs.

How’s that for imaginative? LOL

The strawberry was a nice surprise in this one! It’s subtle but adds that juicy and plump goodness to it.

I really like this hot but I’m sure it would be just as good if not better iced! YUM!

TeaBrat

I just tried it cold brewed and it’s great that way!

So, I went downstairs to make this tea, iced, as it’s freaking hot here, and my roommate intercepted asking for some tea.
Problem: He asks for the tea “You know, that really good one you have a lot of.” When you have just under 200 teas, that only really narrows out the samples/almost sipdowns.

Anyways, I did find it, but I didn’t have some with him as I need noncaffeine for this late of evening. Mmmm, peachy orange! I steeped this a little extra because I was lazy, so I really taste the green rooibos base. I prefer this tea at 4 minutes.

Iced 5 min, 30 sec
Rie

“You know, that really good one you have a lot of.”

LOL.
Cute.

This is a nice rooibos…

Backlog from Monday

A sample from Queen of Tarts, and the second of tonight’s stone fruit rooibos blends. This one has a bit more going on – it’s a green rooibos base, with peach, strawberry, and citrus flavouring. I like the idea of this one, and I’ll be a happy thing indeed if I can taste both the peach and the strawberry. More so if they taste even vaguely natural. Let’s see…

I gave this one three minutes, maybe just over, in boiling water. The scent here is mostly green rooibos – I’m not really getting any fruit. To taste, though, it’s a completely different story. Peach is the predominant flavour, as might well be expected, but I can also taste a hint of strawberry in the background which develops quite well in the aftertaste. There’s a slight sharpness, too, although I’d be hard pressed to identify exactly which fruit contributed that. Lemon? Orange? Probably one of those. This is another one that’s nice and natural tasting, so I’m happy about that. The fruit flavouring comes across sweet and juicy, and melds perfectly with the green rooibos base, which adds a slightly woody taste but it otherwise unobtrusive.

Another great rooibos blend, seemingly I’m on a roll with these at the moment! Thanks again to Queen of Tarts!

I have had some REALLY yummy teas from The Persimmon Tree but this is not one of them unfortunately. For some reason my tea taste old and stale. I just received the sample a week or two ago so it should be fresh but I don’t know its just “off”. I can tell if it were not for this off flavor it would be very good as it is blended well with peach, orange, and strawberry flavors that are noticeable and not chemically or fake tasting but again there is something just not right with this tea. Sorry.

Backlog:

I liked this one quite a bit. I liked that it’s a green rooibos blend as I tend to prefer green over red rooibos. I find the green rooibos to have more notable fruity tones, and this taste blends very nicely with the flavor of peach, strawberry and citrus.

A very refreshing, light beverage … this one is good over ice!

Here’s my full-length review of it: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/04/27/peach-picnic-green-rooibos-blend-from-the-persimmon-tree/

I’m not sure I’ve had green rooibos before… I took this to work, and was drinking it for most of the day. I haven’t had much luck with the other Persimmon samples I got, and didn’t really have much optimism for this one. Pleasantly surprised.
Not the best fruit tea in the world, but it was peachy, light and refreshing. No heavy aftertaste. This is just a nice light summery tea.

Short Sorceress

I didn’t really have much luck with my Persimmon samples either.

I was so excited to see my order of samples arrive today! I do wish they had included preparation notes, but I think I’ll just spend some time marking up a notecard to keep with them.

I used 3 tsp in my 16oz infuser mug and added half the little package of rock sugar that came with the sample set. The website said to use 1-2 tsp (I assume per 8oz), so I split the difference because it was so inexact… and because I needed to break the sample in half because my husband wanted a mug too!

I can definitely taste the peach and strawberry, but the hint of straw in the aroma keeps throwing me off, despite the nice peach aftertaste. It wasn’t until I caved and dropped in some raw sugar that I actually started to enjoy it. I’m still not picking up on the citrus, but I am getting a hint of creaminess that plays well with it.

I think I’ll leave the sugar crystals out of the next sample I make! While I’m glad I was able to try this one, I don’t think it will be something I reorder.