Pu-erh Tea
Forest Floor, Maple Syrup, Molasses, Sweet, Wet Earth, Floral, Musty, Wet Moss
Edit tea info Last updated by Alphakitty

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

The Honeysuckle Puerh Tea delivers a deep red infusion with a sweet woodsy, floral aroma. The finish is mild and earthy, with a lingering hint of honeysuckle. This honeysuckle tea can be steeped multiple times in a sitting without becoming bitter.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

This tea smells very interesting – nothing like I would have assumed honeysuckle puerh would smell like. The dry leaf scent is kinda like molasses. The tea brews up very dark and tastes syrupy, fighting between wet forest notes of shou with the bright floral notes. The resulting taste is thick and a little sweet. I think it would be a good first step for someone who wants to know about puerh without really diving into it.

Flavors: Forest Floor, Maple Syrup, Molasses, Sweet, Wet Earth

Nothing terribly new or exciting about this puerh but it wasn’t bad either, especially for the price, a nice mellow woodsy aged puerh for an everyday day. A little floral but no hint of honeysuckle for me. :(

Flavors: Floral, Musty, Wet Earth, Wet Moss

I really enjoy this, though I wouldn’t have guessed honeysuckle just by tasting it. It does have a sweetness, and a fruitiness to it that tempers the normal earthy pu-erh taste. I could definitely see repurchasing to have as an everyday pu-erh!

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I am still trying to figure out pu erhs. This is the first loose leaf type pu erh I’ve ever had. I brewed it as per the instructions from Persimmon Tree – 3 minutes (western style). The liquor is dark – just like black coffee. It smells like burning leaves or cigarette ash – but not in a bad way at all – woodsy and smoky. It is not bitter at all but rather a little smoky. This is the first steep (I did a short rinsing). I do not get any fishy smell at all. This is the first infusion.