Fruit White Blend
Guava, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

• “Drinking a big pot of this while I crochet my current pattern idea while watching Korean cooking shows on youbtube. Uggg, I hope it turns out, it's a bit of a gamble as it's a felting project and...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1012 tasting notes
  • “I had this iced earlier. I finally went through nearly all my tea, there's still a ton with no place. But I went to Lowes tonight and loaded up on organizing stuff (but mainly for my lip balm...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Finally trying my tea from The Persimmon Tree! I got this one in a free 1 oz. promo they had. Hoping it's delicious! The dry tea smelled a bit like guava, if I recall correctly, but not as...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Excellent Iced! Cold steeped in fridge - perfect summer tea! Excellent guava flavor no artificial taste and the perfect amount of ginger! Very light on strawberry - could be stronger but it does...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

An exotic blend of white peony loose leaf tea, guava, strawberries, marigolds and a touch of ginger completes our White Guava tea. This tea brews a light color and has a beautiful, rich scent with a tropical flavor. As with all of our white teas, White Guava tea prepares nicely hot and iced.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

The first smell I get when about to sip this tea reminds me of trail mix with dried, juicy fruit. The taste itself is more mild and clean. The taste opens with guava and then leads into the white peony. The aftertaste is a mix of strawberry and guava bouncing back and forth and finishing with strawberry.

Flavors: Guava, Strawberry

I enjoy this a lot – the white tea base is very flavorful. That said, I have never had guava I don’t think. I have had artificially flavored stuff that is supposed to be guava, but I can’t fully assess how guava-y this tastes. It does have a strong but not overpowering fruit flavor I like. I think it is much better iced than hot, but that is how I prefer fruity tea.

I sadly forgot about this one as I am running around cleaning the apartment, doing laundry, and making a grocery list. It is room temperature right now. It is fruity and light. Maybe I do like white tea, apparently I cannot decide! I can’t see going through this super quickly but I feel as summer approaches it will become something I reach for. Maybe iced! I need to find some glass jugs.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got a 1 oz tin of this one totally free by sharing a link on facebook… how amazing is that!?

Best thing is, it’s great, I really enjoy it. I had it hot once and I remember I had liked it, but this morning I’m having it cold and it’s very, very interesting. It’s fruity and light and has a nice white tea base. I might not buy more once my free supply is gone, but I will have some nice moments while it lasts !

Backlog:

A very summer-y kind of tea. A tea that I’d imagine drinking in the summer to cool off and refresh! It reminds me of summertime in California, when strawberries are in season.

You can read about that here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/01/15/white-guava-tea-from-the-persimmon-tree/

Sweet and fruity with a true-to-fruit sort of flavor. Subtle white peony notes, sweet, slightly earthy. A nicely balanced tea.

I won this tea (along with a few others) in a contest the company ran on their Facebook account last year. I’ve been trying them each periodically, but this is my first time writing up a Steepster review for them.

The dry leaf has a very light and somewhat overly sweet aroma. The Bai Mu Dan itself, is large and full-leafed and remains surprisingly intact after being blended with the other flavors.

I brewed this tea in my tea pooper for convenience and the moment the water hit the leaves, the sweetness of the tea became more mild and far less overpowering for me.

Once the tea was ready, it was a lovely, light greenish yellow color and smelled like a spring morning. I discovered that I had brewed it a bit too hot, so had to add an ice cube and that’s when the fear of over-steeping came in.

On the contrary, this tea is actually quite good still! In fact, as a tea drinker who prefers non-flavored teas, I was surprised and excited by the flavor. It’s full-bodied for a white, but balanced nicely with the lilting flavors of the guava and marigolds in particular. I think it’s the hint of ginger that makes it pop and all come together into one smooth package.

So yes, I would recommend this tea!

It tastes very much of natural guava and I think I’m (finally) convinced that I don’t really like guava. Sad :(