Edit tea info Last updated by KallieBoo!
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

This English Breakfast loose tea features a smooth, clean blend of organic black loose-leaf tea and provides a robust flavor perfect for starting the day.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

I seriously can’t believe I am the first one to log this!

This is pretty good…a little bit on the light side of English Breakfasts but still pretty good.

It’s clean, it’s a little smooth and has a hint of peppery-goodness. Not too shabby.

The only thing I would change is the strength/boldness…I would increase it…but I like things strong, I guess. Overall – a nice one to have on hand for friends and family!

Sadly, a sipdown. Well, technically I have a teeny bit left, but not enough for its own cup, so I’ll probably experiment with blending it with something else. Anyway, I brought it to keep me company on my first day of my last semester in school (probably ever). Today, it tasted a little sweeter than normal. Not sure if that is due to scent contamination in my tea drawer or just my sleepy state, but it was quite pleasant. Considering my love for EBs, and this one in particular, I will probably reorder this at some point when I allow myself to buy teas again.

Here’s Hoping Tea Box

I really enjoyed this blend! Malty, slightly sweet, with just enough briskness to make it refreshing.

Got this one as a sample from my order from The Persimmon Tree. Made it up this morning to drink, although I would much rather still be in bed sleeping than drinking tea this morning, but work awaits.

I actually find this one to be pretty strong. Possibly this is a function of putting less sweetener in than usual, but it seems quite bold to me. Peppery and smooth, it is a nice tea, nice flavour. I have too many other wicked high end plain black teas to buy this, but it’s nice.

This one’s pretty too; I guess Persimmon Tree’s teas brew up nice hues in general. It has all the trademark characteristics of an EB blend while seeming a bit lighter and a lot “cleaner” tasting. It’s almost refreshing, relatively speaking. I like how despite that cleanness there’s also an element of black pepper, almost spicy. Delivers if you’re expecting an EB while being just distinct enough in a pleasant way to hold your interest.