Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by The Persimmon Tree

• “Continuing my quest to find a good chai, and aided by *Dexter3657* who appears to have sent me all the chai in her cupboard including this one, I've steeped this while at the cottage this past...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 225 tasting notes
  • “Hard to believe i'm the first to review this on Steepster, especially since I know that according to their website Azzrian has tried this! However, maybe something happened in the database or...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “Looks like there are two tea pages for this tea. Oh well. I picked this one! Anyway, had this yesterday, and it's a solid spicy chai. Only problem is, I've been spoiled by some more interesting...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 433 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

The Masala Chai tea, a fusion of organic Assam loose-leaf tea anchored in cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and other spices, is finely balanced to create the perfect aromatic blend. The Marsala Chai tea is also delicious with milk and sugar.

Ingredients:
Organic Black Loose-Leaf Tea, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, Organic Ginger, Masala Chai Tea, Marsala Chai Tea

Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Temperature: 200˚
Steep Time: 5-7 mins

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

Continuing my quest to find a good chai, and aided by Dexter3657 who appears to have sent me all the chai in her cupboard including this one, I’ve steeped this while at the cottage this past weekend. Hot chai in the summer? Yes, especially if you get caught out on the lake by monsoon-type rain. We were fishing and as soon as the first drops started falling we pulled anchor and took off. Docked just fine but it’s a boat, not a car, you can’t just leave it and run. By the time we put the cover on and tied it down we were drenched. So you peel off your wet clothes, hang ’em up to dry, take a hot shower and sit down with some chai.

I have yet to find a chai where they weren’t heavy handed with the cloves. Why, oh why?!? This one was one of the better ones I’ve tried but still not mine, still too much clove. I have enough for another cup and I will possibly underleaf — which actually might not be a bad thing, I found the resteep was yummier than the first steep. With sugar and creamer I drank it and it was not bad. It will not, however, be a part of my cupboard.

As for the fishing…good eats!

Dexter3657

Davids is heavy on the cinnamon.. I’m still questing too.
Love the fish, next time invite me for dinner? ;)

Hard to believe i’m the first to review this on Steepster, especially since I know that according to their website Azzrian has tried this! However, maybe something happened in the database or something. In anycase this is a lovely chai. I don’t make it with milk or honey – it’s straight up for me. This particular Masala Chai is very smooth and blended well. It wouldn’t be my go to chai, but in a pinch it will do. I prefer the tastes that are in verdant’s chai but this is still a really nice blend. I really enjoy trying different chai’s to see how different companies blend the spices.

Looks like there are two tea pages for this tea. Oh well. I picked this one! Anyway, had this yesterday, and it’s a solid spicy chai. Only problem is, I’ve been spoiled by some more interesting chai’s (verdant and samovar), so it wasn’t enough for me.