White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by The Persimmon Tree

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Organic Silver Needle white tea is the most sought after white tea and is only harvested for a few days each year in the northern district of Fujian, China.

With a cup of our white Silver Needle tea, we bring this famous loose-leaf tea’s delicate sweetness, clean, fresh fragrance and extraordinary purity in an exquisite brew.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

I got this as a sample way back when I ordered from Persimmon Tree, and I was craving silver needle. I’ve got this and a couple other packets to get through before I open my half pound bag of the stuff. It’s been too long since I’ve had some silver needle, ahhh.

The rating makes this tea look bad, it’s not bad. It’s not as good as Teavivre’s, but it’s not bad at all. I’d think a bad silver needle would be really obvious haha.

It just doesn’t seem as intense, but that’s easily fixed with a bit more leaf. I think normally I drink silver needle pretty strongly, but it still has that taste of spring to it. I miss spring. I went to check the weather earlier and it was 30 degrees warmer in Canada. I didn’t think that was very nice.

This is okay, above average, and tasty. I don’t think I’ll bother resteeping it so I can go drink something else now.

Chelle

I know what you mean. Today in north Alabama it was only 45 degrees out at 11:00 am when I checked! It called for a couple cups of tea while reading under a blanket.

momo

Ugh I had to leave for my exam around 9:45 and there was even a wind chill!

Very mild taste – vegetal and a little bit like green tea.

Light and dainty. Great for sipping and light tea drinking. Beware: don’t burn the leaves! Read the full review here: http://www.abbisiler.com/tea/the-persimmon-tree-tea-company-silver-needle

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I enjoyed this, but it was not as nuanced as many I have had before. It is very dry. It isn’t terrible, but I do think there is better out there.

This is the second white tea I’ve tried from this company, and like the first, this is an incredibly dry tea. I only steeped it for 3 minutes but as soon as I smelled it, I felt the mucus membranes in my nostrils shriveling up.

The taste, thankfully, isn’t as dry and it is still drinkable. I think I should have tried steeping for only a minute or two instead of three full minutes.

Under the dryness, the flavor is extremely pleasant. There are slight floral hints which fade into smoky dryness as the tea passes along my tongue. Very nice but I don’t think I’ll be drinking this regularly in the summer months. May be more welcome when the weather turns cooler.