Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by The Persimmon Tree
Iced 2 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I committed a tea crime with these beautiful pearls! I was preparing a tea package for one of my friends who is just getting into the wide world of loose leaf--I split a good chunk of my Ovation...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “First Sip Thought: "Breathtaking!" Smell: Woo...very fragrant but that's to be expected with something as precious as Jasmine Pearls. Even though the Jasmine smell is quite strong, I feel like the...” Read full tasting note
    teaaholic 49 tasting notes
  • “So I decided to try this iced, I wasn't to sure about floral and cold, but something was telling me give it a try. This is so delicious and refreshing. Instead of tasting like I was drinking...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 236 tasting notes
  • “The jasmine is a bit too strong, in my opinion. It isn't as bad as some of the super perfumed jasmine greens I've tasted (Bentley's, I'm looking at you), but it's much more noticeable than I...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 274 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

With the Jasmine Pearl green tea, experience tender loose-leaf green tea and fragrant jasmine blossoms hand-rolled into beautiful pearls. Exquisite in flavor and aroma, the green tea jasmine pearl is an excellent choice for a smooth brew.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

I committed a tea crime with these beautiful pearls! I was preparing a tea package for one of my friends who is just getting into the wide world of loose leaf—I split a good chunk of my Ovation order with her, and I wanted to include some samples of other brands as well. She loves jasmine so I thought I just had to put in some pearls—my little sample packet of this was lying on the table next to the box and I thought perfect! But I had not tried them yet and that won’t do, so I put a cupful in the nearest thing I could find—my gaiwan.

Later that night I really wanted jasmine and was dead tired and didn’t feel like switching to my Ingenuitea which still needed a rinsing out, so I just brewed them up in the gaiwan! But I was not feeling like sitting around trying all the different steeps so I brewed them up 4 times and dumped it all in the same mug. Without tasting the differences! I know, horrifying. But it worked out pretty well!

After 4 steeps these pearls had not fully unfurled so I am saving them for a few more steeps later. This is a really light and sweet jasmine tea, the floral elements aren’t at all soapy and in fact they are very soft, not in-your-face jasmine at all (though that might be because of the steeping method?). This reminds me of the tea you get after a meal of really good Chinese food—fancy restaurant kind, not takeout, where they serve wonderful jasmine blends at the end (that are properly brewed—I have had some very bitter restaurant teas). Sweet green to just perfectly cap off a meal!

Dinosara

Haha I was expecting something worse! A lot of people in China brew teas that way, including sometimes during tastings at tea shops. It’s not so horrifying :)

Alphakitty

Oh, that’s good to know! I thought it might be defeating the purpose of a gaiwan but I have to admit I just LOVE using mine. So much fun!

First Sip Thought: “Breathtaking!”

Smell: Woo…very fragrant but that’s to be expected with something as precious as Jasmine Pearls. Even though the Jasmine smell is quite strong, I feel like the floral scent relaxes me. The after steep colour was surprisingly very bright.

Taste: Move over diamonds, this girl has a new best friend in town: Jasmine Pearls! Before trying them I was aware how beautiful it would be to watch the tight leaves unfurl. It’s an added bonus! This tea would be ideal for tea meditation because it’s hard to not focus on the steep process. These Jasmine Pearls have a smooth taste with sweet undertones. Drinking this tea is sort of like indulging in a cup of green tea outside near a bed of Jasmines. As mentioned in the “smell” section, the jasmines are made evident quite well. Some might think too much but I find that with the taste it isn’t as strong as the smell made it seem. If you’re a jasmine lover you should not have any problems with it.

www.theteacupoflife.blogspot.com

So I decided to try this iced, I wasn’t to sure about floral and cold, but something was telling me give it a try.

This is so delicious and refreshing. Instead of tasting like I was drinking perfume like I feared, this actually just tasted like sitting on the porch on a hot spring day next to the fragrant jasmine flowers that are intertwined along the porch railing and climbing their way up the wire arches. You’re drinking an ice cold green tea, and the jasmines smell so strong you can almost swear you can taste them in your tea. And you love it, you couldn’t imagine a more perfect place. And that’s what this taste like. Cool and flowery and slightly sweet and just fresh. Even in the dead of night I can almost feel a warm breeze. I need a big pitcher of this cold in my fridge for the hot Florida days.

The second steeping is just as bright and floral as the first and the leaves are still so fragrant there’s no doubt in my mind that I could get at least one or two more good cups out of this.

Iced 1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The jasmine is a bit too strong, in my opinion. It isn’t as bad as some of the super perfumed jasmine greens I’ve tasted (Bentley’s, I’m looking at you), but it’s much more noticeable than I normally like. That said, it’s not to the point where I’d stop drinking it.