Oolong Tea
Lemon Myrtle, Marigold Petals, Natural Flavours, Oolong
Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Rum, Floral, Grass, Vegetal, Orange Zest
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

2 Images

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Our Mandarin Cream tea awakens the senses with oolong loose tea leaves, hints of cream and a stimulating citrus finish. Blended with lemon myrtle, marigolds, and natural essence of vanilla, Mandarin Cream is a rich and smooth tea experience with an utterly heavenly aroma.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

TeaBox B — thanks again everyone! Right away, this reminded me of the other Persimmon Tree tea I had, even if I couldn’t remember what that was at the moment. Coconut cream? The sweet vanilla/cream flavor is there mostly. I can’t really tell it’s oolong or mandarin after a four minute steep. It’s just okay! I think the “cream” used here works better with the coconut.

Also, why does my throat feel like constant rooibos now? I haven’t any rooibos since this morning. It seems like I notice the rooibos scratch more and more. I think I should just invest in some teabag wraps to make sure the rooibos doesn’t get in the cup… but I thought that problem was solved with my mesh infuser!

Apparently, I can go through a ridiculous amount of tea at the office (since they keep the AC mildly above freezing). The last remaining ounce of this was finished in a couple of weeks when I decided to bring some of my oolongs to work. Well, best decision I ever made since I rarely drink them at home, unless it’s the weekend. Is this a carbon copy of one of the larger distributers’ versions? Since I already have the tin, no need to really repurchase that method, right? If it’s a carbon copy of a cheaper blend, I’m all ears!

Sipdown!

I don’t know what I was thinking when I ordered this. I love oolongs, but flavored oolongs?

Well, I gave it a try. It’s not bad. The flavor is a bit weird, though. I can’t taste any lemon at all, or marigold – though I don’t know what marigold tastes like so for all I know I am tasting it, and it tastes exactly like the vanilla flavoring. I even added some sugar to try and bring out the other flavors but no go.

I won’t be buying this again.

Here we go with another one I didn’t expect to like and then totally did. I thought this was going to taste like a 50/50 bar….which would have made me sad since I’ve never liked those. But, it is my mission now to try anything and everything I can at this point because I am continually surprised by really liking things I would never have chosen on my own. With that being said, I think this really ended up tasting more like a brighter vanilla. Not something I necessarily would have said “OH! OH! THAT’S ORANGEY!!!” So, for me, that’s good. I could definitely see myself ordering this. As it is, I am so grateful for the sample I received from Ost. Hey, Ost…it appears you know the tea-me better than I do!

Flavors: Vanilla

I’ve read through several of the notes on this one. I was not disappointed by Mandarin Cream. I like vanilla but almost always dislike how much is used. It easily overwhelms my taste buds. This one has a pleasant aroma and the taste is very similar. Finally a vanilla tea that does make me flinch. Others commented they could not taste the lemon myrtle. I had trouble picking it out as well – until I added a little sweetener. It came out of hiding and was a lovely addition. The Pouchong leaf is mostly present late in the aftertaste. This makes a creamy cup but nothing that makes me think Mandarin.

The second cup is completely different. Without sweetener it is a cup of green tasting oolong. Add the sweetener and the vanilla reappears as a background support. With the creaminess you can make a orange creamsicle connection in the aftertaste. It is certainly only a hint but interesting.

More complex than expected. I personally liked this one but then I do not like over flavored teas.

L&CTTB

Very vanilla
Quite creamy and buttery – probably from the oolong.
Just a touch of citrus.

Desserty.

It’s nice.

I hadn’t realized when I pulled it from the box that this was an oolong.

Not sure I’d drink this too often, but it was a nice treat.

Admittedly when I was brewing this I didn’t remember what kind of tea is was and I was too lazy to look it up. It DOES NOT say on the tin. Oolong? Huh. Well, I got this as part of a gift set (to myself) purely because someone reviewed THIS tea, and I felt the set was the best value. I’m a sucker for sales and sets. I probably should mention that I got it in the mail a couple of months ago now and am only just getting around to it. =(

I was ALSO trying out a new infuser cup, and thankfully this tea has pretty large leaves because the ceramic infuser has pretty large holes. It also gets really really hot. But it has a panda on it and I couldn’t resist.

It really is more on the dessert side of the Mandarin. I don’t remember the review very well at this point, but for some reason when I brewed it up I was expecting something a bit more citrusy and crisp. This is like Mandarin creme cake, all the way- still very yummy but not what I was expecting.

This has held strong through 3 resteeps, boiling water, 3min each.

This tea is quite decadent. Dried leaf aroma smells exactly the same as the way it tastes, which I always love. This is like drinking a nice, hot version of vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet, but less sweet. The first taste is of a strong vanilla, then it ebbs a little bit into some floral fruit flowers, a bit of oak and rum, then comes back to the creaminess. Sadly, I think the oolong is a little lost in this blend, but it still tastes very good. I don’t think I could drink this too often since it is a heavier tea, but I have brewed it up several times and gulped it down before writing any notes!

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Rum, Vanilla

Another Persimmon Tree tea. Honestly, I didn’t realize that this is a green oolong. The leaves are quite dark and they’re not rolled up, just long and twisty. I was quite surprised when I took the brewing basket out of my cup and saw how pale the infusion was! The dry leaf didn’t necessarily smell green, just sweet and vanilla-esque with some butter rum notes. Oh well, onward and upward! :P

This is actually quite tasty, even though I don’t generally enjoy greener oolongs. The vanilla and cream is quite strong, and there’s a definite buttery quality than approaches butter rum or butterscotch when combined with the other two flavors. I do notice a slight green grassy or vegetal quality lingering in the background, but it’s not too noticeable and I don’t mind it at all. There’s also a touch of floral (of course) and a slight fruit aftertaste, either from the “mandarin” or naturally from the oolong base. Speaking of mandarin, I don’t really taste citrus in this blend, but I feel it doesn’t necessarily need it with the richness of the other flavors. Quite good overall! :)

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Grass, Vanilla, Vegetal

Mmm, this is a lovely tea. On their website it’s labeled “Best Seller” and I can definitely see why. It brews up to a lovely golden hay color and smells oddly like buttered rum. Tastes light, slightly buttery with some vanilla cream. I don’t know that I taste the lemon myrtle, but it’s still delicious. I often find flavored teas overwhelming and end up mixing them to tone down the flavor, but not with this one. It is perfect on its own.