Edit tea info Last updated by moraiwe

• “This is pretty tasty, and if I weren't mentally exhausted I would be able to describe it. It's not the best black blend I've had but it's enjoyable. A bit astringent, a bit sweet, as well as...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “That classic, comforting nostalgic "plain ol' black tea from when you first drank tea at all" flavor I sometimes allude to, well, this is that in spades. Like going home again in smell and taste,...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 606 tasting notes
  • “Ack, I feel kinda bad because I've been drinking a lot of tea these days but don't have time to log them. Anyway, since I'm drinking this for the first time, I'll take a little break to write a...” Read full tasting note
    jennkay19 346 tasting notes
  • “This is a super traditional black tea. It has a bit of sweetness, and a bit of astringency, and a lot of flavor. That said, I enjoy that I have moved on to teas that offer a bit of something...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 169 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Vintage Black loose-leaf tea is perfect on its own or with milk and sugar. For a perfect pick-me-up, brew a cup of this flavorful blend of bright, brisk Nilgiri loose black tea and smooth rich Yunnan goldeny buds.

Organic Black Loose-Leaf Tea, Loose Black Tea Leaves

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

This is pretty tasty, and if I weren’t mentally exhausted I would be able to describe it. It’s not the best black blend I’ve had but it’s enjoyable. A bit astringent, a bit sweet, as well as strong.

I’m playing Doodle or Die right now: http://doodleordie.com/profile/cavocorax It’s fun if you guys haven’t tried it. It’s “telephone” with drawings – you draw it, someone else describes it, and a third person has to draw whatever the 2nd person said. So you can see how the pictures evolve.

My drawings are pretty out there, but some people make ART out of theirs.

JustJames

cool! haven’t heard of that game!

Fjellrev

Doodle or Die looks dangerously addictive. I love the hat one! Such a crazy evolution.

That classic, comforting nostalgic “plain ol’ black tea from when you first drank tea at all” flavor I sometimes allude to, well, this is that in spades. Like going home again in smell and taste, with maybe a little richer body than typical. A little toasty, a little sweet, just enough bitterness and tannin, just as you remember from long ago but better, somehow both smoother and less weak or watered down tasting. You know. If regular ol’ teabag black tea in restaurants was actually good. Naming it “Vintage Black” was smart.

Once in a while I absolutely crave that sort of thing, and nothing else—no fancier or “better” premium additions or usually tempting flavors—will do. This would be ideal for those times. Very satisfying and a good reboot/reminder of my tea beginnings for when all the bells and whistles and hundreds of choices of tea become overwhelming. Fills an important niche for me.

It’s also, for that sort of thing, a rather pretty cup of tea. Dark and smooth and silky looking, nearly like manual pour-over coffee. Would make a great breakfast tea.

Ack, I feel kinda bad because I’ve been drinking a lot of tea these days but don’t have time to log them. Anyway, since I’m drinking this for the first time, I’ll take a little break to write a short tasting note about it. The tea is very dark and has a pretty bold flavor. Reminds me of English Breakfast. Speaking of which, I’m not even fully sure of what constitutes an “English Breakfast” tea. Anyway, this tea is a nice bold starter for the mornings. It would probably taste less intense and a little nicer with some milk or sugar, but I’ve been trying to cut down on sugar sweetened beverages lately, so I just kind of sucked it up. A nice, strong tea, but I think I prefer English Breakfast by Persimmon Tree.

This is a super traditional black tea. It has a bit of sweetness, and a bit of astringency, and a lot of flavor. That said, I enjoy that I have moved on to teas that offer a bit of something special. I recommend this for guests or people into very traditional flavors.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML