Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “So I thought that since I got my sampling done from my swap with *Stephanie* I would finally get back to my Persimmon Tree samples I ordered when they were doing their big promotion packs. I was...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes
  • “Ahh rooibos, my nemesis. We meet again. Weirdly enough, I don't smell it in the dry leaf. Instead I catch the aroma of chamomille and coconut. Little light on the banana. But I don't dislike...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 596 tasting notes
  • “This is super heavy on the chamomile and the little flowers were stuffed at the top of the sample baggy and I had to decant into something where I could actually get some of the blend. This...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 240 tasting notes
  • “Smells and tastes a bit like bottled pina colada/creamy tropical cocktail mix, and I think the unmistakable rooibos smell contributes to the feeling it's a mix rather than the ideal fresh...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 607 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Our Banana Coconut herbal tea is a smooth and scrumptious herbal blend of rooibos, chamomile and lemongrass with notes of ripe banana, sweet coconut, graham cracker and a hint of caramel. This caffeine-free tropical blend will put a smile on anyone’s face. Try it iced and lightly sweetened for an extra refreshing summer beverage.

Organic Fair Trade Rooibos, Organic Fair Trade Chamomile, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Coconut, Organic Lavender, Banana, Natural Flavors

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

So I thought that since I got my sampling done from my swap with Stephanie I would finally get back to my Persimmon Tree samples I ordered when they were doing their big promotion packs. I was very hesitant to try this one seeing as I am not a fan of rooibos tea at all. The dry leave did contain a little of it, but seemed to be mostly chamomile and lemongrass. It smelled interesting, I do not know how to describe it but I did pick up the banana scent. After the steeping was almost through…AH HA there you are rooibos! I smelled it! This made me even more nervous. I tried it unsweetened first and could only pick up chamomile. I can’t complain because there was no rooibos to be found :D (happy girl!) I added a little sugar and I found the banana! a tiny bit of nuttiness comes out too! Sadly no sign of coconut anywhere, and even the lavender that says it is present. I will resteep with both sugar and cream this time and will get back to you! I also will have try this iced as per moraiwe’s suggestion in her tasting note. I would have never thought to make this an iced tea.

Ahh rooibos, my nemesis. We meet again.

Weirdly enough, I don’t smell it in the dry leaf. Instead I catch the aroma of chamomille and coconut. Little light on the banana. But I don’t dislike chamomile, so I figured we’d give this a shot. I started smelling the rooibos at about the three minute mark while steeping, but kept going to the 5 minute mark, fingers crossed.

The result? All that worrying for nothing. The chamomille and floral aspect is pretty overwhelming. Too overwhelming really. I get the slightest hint of banana and coconut with a touch of caramel. But if I’m not really looking for those other flavors, it tastes like a pot of sweetened chamomile with a tiny banana aftertaste.

So, in an attempt to bring out the other flavors and beat back the chamomile with a honey drizzle shaped club, I added some honey. Success. Banana then chamomile. Still loosing a lot of the coconut and caramel to chamomile, but at least I taste banana in my banana tea. It’s a tasty tea no matter what, though and I have a cold steep that I popped in my fridge just under an hour ago to see how that changes things up (hoping for coconut!)

Either way, I didn’t taste rooibos. So in my mind, that is a huge success.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I totally agree with you here! I am by no means a fan of rooibos and I was hesitant to try this, but i was intrigued by the banana and coconut mix, because I love coconut anything. It was definitely a majority chamomile and then banana:) Glad we were on the same page.

This isn’t horrible, but I don’t really get banana or coconut from this. Mostly chamomile, maybe a mild sweetness but I added sweetener. I’m not the biggest fan of chamomile since there was an incident a year or so ago when I had the stomach bug, enough said. This I can manage to get down without reliving that awful experience but it’s not something I’ll be drinking again AND the remains of the packet are now living in my swap box.

2 tsp + sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

Smells and tastes a bit like bottled pina colada/creamy tropical cocktail mix, and I think the unmistakable rooibos smell contributes to the feeling it’s a mix rather than the ideal fresh ingredients by lending it an overly sweet and vaguely plastic element (I think the lemongrass is contributing too…it’s strange, I adore lemongrass when cooking but have noticed in tea so far I find it makes things smell chemical, plastic, once even vaguely urine-y, ick). It isn’t bad really, and if you like pina coladas (cue music) that have that sort of flavor you might dig this. But personally I don’t love it and there are so many dessert tea possibilities out there that I have loved I don’t think I’ll ever re-up.

Sample from chrimabro – thanks!

The chamomile in this is strong – very very strong. I can’t really taste any other flavors because of it. I can maybe taste a smidge of banana or coconut sometimes but the chamomile is what comes out the strongest. I’m a bit disappointed since I’m not a large chamomile fan. It definitely tastes better with sugar – but I just put in the sugar and didn’t mix it (I didn’t have a spoon. I am feeling lazy.) so all the sugar is at the bottom and the tea is now sickeningly sweet.

I’ll have to resteep this tea with sugar from the very beginning. Hopefully it will improve. But so far, I’m not inclined to buy this.

TTB Tea 12: Cold brewed this one, it was very tasty! The rooibos taste actually works with the flavors, though I’m not getting much coconut flavor in this one, which I would like more of.

Iced 8 min or more

I made this last night and decided to skip sugar, risking that the flavor might be weak without it… The banana flavor was actually quite strong (I can’t remember how long I steeped it) and I think I could taste a bit of the coconut. This was a fun tea. It’s both flavorful without sugar and caffeine-free, so I’ll definitely be happily finishing my sample of this in the evenings.

I have banana and coconut teas I enjoy, so I gave this one a shot. The rooibos base is smooth and not overpowering. The taste is primarily chamomile with a hint of banana. I don’t taste coconut at all.

Overall, not bad, but not amazing, either. I’m happy I got the sample size.