Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “It has been two weeks already since I last had his tea - seriously? Where does time go? It is reasonably cool this morning and raining. Perfect weather for some smoke! Bring on the Lapsang. The tin...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1293 tasting notes
  • “My first lapsang souchong (that wasn't in a blend). Well, this stuff is wild! Smokey, charred earth, malty and mega wood flavor! You definitely need to like smokey teas to try this one! What...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1032 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Lapsang Souchong is a perfect blend for the travel-weary and day-weary alike. The tea’s organic loose leaves have been smoked over pine needles, infusing the leave with a signature smoky aroma. Lapsang Souchong will make you feel like you’re drinking warmth by a cozy fire

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

It has been two weeks already since I last had his tea – seriously? Where does time go? It is reasonably cool this morning and raining. Perfect weather for some smoke! Bring on the Lapsang. The tin aroma is intense but the cup itself is sweet and mellower. I mean it isn’t mellow but more so than the aroma would suggest. The smoke stays pine focused and does not stray into bacon or BBQ like a lot of LS. It is just a good hefty cup that is perfect for this morning.

I mentioned Buffy getting her cast off in my last post this morning. So another Buffy note follows – I have got to get a close up face picture of her face. She looks like Paul Stanley. Yep, from KISS. The fur on one side of her face is white with a black mascara look around the eye. The other side is all black (sadly not a star pattern). The black fur around her head is so long and shaggy you almost can’t tell where her ears are, so it looks like big ’80’s style rock and roll hair.

Cheri

She sounds adorable.

mrmopar

Glad she is rid of the cast. My little cat “scratch” is my tea randomizer. I put a couple in front of her and drink what she picks.

K S

From your notes Scratch has good taste. Pretty sure Buffy would just eat the bag.

mrmopar

I just keep her from getting hold of it! Scratch and I just post the good stuff. The bad stuff we keep it under the scratching post.

gmathis

Tazo is a little catnip fiend. I threw a little in some mint tea recently and it didn’t make me roll on my back in ecstasy and purr…must not work on people ;)

K S

I’ve had a few Yunnan and Fujian teas that have affected me that way. lol

My first lapsang souchong (that wasn’t in a blend). Well, this stuff is wild! Smokey, charred earth, malty and mega wood flavor! You definitely need to like smokey teas to try this one! What impressed me the most about this tea is the colour – simply gorgeous glowing reddy golden brown!

It’s my first LS, so I’m not really sure how it stacks up against ofthers. On a personally level, I find the crazy factor really fun, but not sure if I like it, if that makes any sense. LS seems to be a tea that needs to grow on you.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/lapsang-souchong-persimmon-tree-oolong-owl-tea-review/