Pineapple Lychee Hibiscus Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Meghann M

• “3 bags, 8oz hot 12oz icewater. I'm down to my last serving of this tea :'( I think this calls for a short road trip this week up to World Market or Whole Foods. Does anyone have any...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “2 bags, 12 ounce mug, 5 minutes filtered boiling water same as before: delicious sweet pineapple and lychee followed by tart hibiscus, which i like strong full flavor pairs well with my bacon...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “I've been eyeing this tea with some degree of trepidation since I got in a trade. Anyone who knows me knows I hate hibiscus, but when everyone started raving about RoT's hibiscus-based flavoured...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1585 tasting notes
  • “Either me or my boyfriend purchased a little sample baggie of this from Central Market about a year ago. Stumbled upon it unexpectedly and brewed some up for the two of us in a coffee press. I am...” Read full tasting note
    j4zzin 39 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Luscious pineapple and delicately sweet lychee–a small, round, creamy white fruit native to China–both sing with the flavors of warm Asian islands. They harmonize beautifully with the natural flavor of hibiscus.

About The Republic of Tea View company

3 bags, 8oz hot 12oz icewater.

I’m down to my last serving of this tea :’( I think this calls for a short road trip this week up to World Market or Whole Foods. Does anyone have any recommendations for teas that can be found at either of those two stores? I want to find a good hot green tea (any type of flavor loose or bagged) and another herbal/fruit tea.

Cofftea

I’ve been told (here!) that WF carries DoMatcha:)

wombatgirl

My local Whole Foods carries loose Rishi teas and Shang Tea.

LiberTEAS

I prefer Whole Foods to World Market. My Whole Foods carries DoMatcha, as well as a wide selection of Tazo (which is a local company for me) and Republic of tea. They even have a few Two Leaves and a Bud selections as well as some from Tea Spot. And some good local companies (Townshend’s & The Jasmine Pearl are a couple that come to mind).

gmathis

Sigh..oh for a Whole Foods that wasn’t 100 miles away….

Cofftea

I’m w/ a gmathis- WF and Trader Joes are 2 hrs away from me! (and Teavana, but from what people are sayin I don’t wanna go there anyway lol)

Meghann M

Ohhh, I forgot about the Rishi teas. And Two Leaves and a Bud had some good ones. I’m still not sold on Matcha, I am not ready for it yet.

Gmathis and Cofftea, I’m driving 54 miles each way to visit whole foods…the Pineapple Lychee being empty is worth the trip. And I need something fun to do on my 3 days off this week (well one of the 3 days).

Jaime

WF here has more of a variety than WM does, but WM has those exclusives with Republic of Tea and Zhena’s that I love. I can recommend Zhena’s Vanilla Mandarin and Rainforest Berry rooibos (I think that’s the name…), both are WM exclusives and yummy!

2 bags, 12 ounce mug, 5 minutes filtered boiling water
strong full flavor

pairs well with my bacon chocolate chop cookies

chip not chop!

SoccerMom

LOL I was going to say man got enough pork flavor in those cookies ;)

AmazonV

yea 1 pork chop would be a bit large :)

SoccerMom

Well you could have chopped up chops! ;)

Meghann M

Lol, that’s an interesting combination. And where did you find bacon cookies? Is bacon and chocolate a good combination?

AmazonV

YES bacon and chocolate is great, bacon covered in chocolate is great! well my friend found it on a blog which has since been deleted and made them, we all thought she was a little nuts, then another friend went and made them just to see and also liked them, and so then it went epidemic among our friends

+ 1 stick butter
+ 1 c crispy bacon chopped into little chocolate chip sized pieces… See More
+2 small eggs
+ 1 tbl bacon torani syrup

the original recipe called for normal from scratch cookie recipe but came out kinda dry

oh and here: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/bacon_and_chocolate

AmazonV

sorry the see more came from facebook, dumb facebook

Stephanie

I love the Dark Chocolate Bacon Bar! The dark chocolate flavor is new and it’s really good.

Meghann M

May have to give that recipe a go. Bet the hubby would love those cookies!

AmazonV

@Stephanie i have never had one :( we’ve made them ourselves though

Bonnie

I use this tea to soak apples in for fruit salad, then mix with strawberries and smoked salmon. Sounds wierd…tastes great! Keeps the apples from browning.

I’ve been eyeing this tea with some degree of trepidation since I got in a trade. Anyone who knows me knows I hate hibiscus, but when everyone started raving about RoT’s hibiscus-based flavoured teas I was curious enough to give it a shot – benefit of the doubt and all that.

The tea of course turned the usual bright red colour when I poured the water into my mug. Initally the steeping tea smelled like pineapple but after it had a few minutes in the water it started to smell more like lychee.

The tea itself…wasn’t half-bad, somewhat to my surprise. Yes, the hibiscus is readily apparent but it’s not as horribly tart as it could have been. It’s paired with a slight sweetness and the fruity flavours of pineapple and lychee are both easy to pick out and they distract my tongue from the evil red stuff. :D

Either me or my boyfriend purchased a little sample baggie of this from Central Market about a year ago. Stumbled upon it unexpectedly and brewed some up for the two of us in a coffee press. I am wary about hibiscus and blends with a lot of citrusy ingredients because it is really easy to overdo the tartness, so I was conservative in the amount of tea and the steep time. I am also wary of hibiscus due to so many negative experiences with Tazo Passion tea at work. The smell of hibiscus alone can turn me off quickly. Not to mention my former love of making raspberry passion tea lemonades to take home with me until I spilled it all over the car on the drive home… twice.

Annnnyway, this stuff brews up a beautiful (and expected) shade of hot pink. It smells fruity and tart. It tastes… like hibiscus. I’m getting a pretty interesting kool-aid taste, but not particularly lychee-y or pineapple-y. It’s definitely a slightly different, and pleasant, flavor. Very juicy and begging to be iced.

This is one of those teas that is just likable because it’s sweet and tangy and fruity. Even people who don’t drink tea will probably enjoy this one. I’m sure it would play nice with different lemonades/limeades or mixed in a fruit juice or a fruit punch too. Maybe a lemon-lime soda? Good for a summer picnic by the lake.

That being said, I can appreciate this tea, but it’s just not my thing.

Katie

I just want to add that I’ve been singing songs from The Little Mermaid today, and the tropical-ness of it and the redness of the tea seem fitting. :)

I am not a fan of this tea at all, I don’t taste pineapple and the lychee flavor tastes “off” to me.

Bright and fruity blend. I’ve enjoyed it as both iced and hot. I like a little sugar in mine, but it is just fine without.

4 bags in a 6 cup teapot filled to 3/4….added ice after a 5 minute steep. And then put it into my pretty glass pitcher. Good for iced, but I am pretty sure I will not repurchase once this tin is gone.

Simply amazing. one of my favorite teas. tastes just like lychee. mmm good