Moss, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I used the last of this tea to make some iced tea, along with Samovar's Yunnan Golden Buds. Even though I used a tablespoon of this tea with three tablespoons of the Golden buds, this tea asserted...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Its gonna be a long day! I've got my morning shift, and then I have to go and tend to the morning session of animal care. I'm pet sitting two ducks, a parakeet, fifteen canaries and a cat. The...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 830 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from the SF International Tea Festival. I do recall I had this one before at a Panera Bread and I thought it was ok. One major beef I have with RoT is that their teabags often...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! This is another one terri sent and for which the folks at work stole my remaining teabags of! I saved one to have this evening and i'm glad i did. This is another pretty decent tea bag...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4726 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

“Longevity Tea”—Our best-selling tea has the sweet lushness of a fancy peach with spicy ginger. Voted “Outstanding Beverage” by the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Since we have snow today! I choose something with a little spring in it, after all this is the first full day of spring. This tea has a great balance between the black, the peach and the ginger. This is the last of this tin in my cupboard. I seem to have moved on to Ceylons at the moment, but I really do like this tea.

Finished up my Traveler’s Tin today by brewing the last 2 bags at one time (a good tip from the first tasting note on this tea’s page. It makes it tolerable. I just didn’t like it brewed with one bag.

Drinking iced from my Lock & Lock bottle.

And the good part is that I now have the cute little travel tin to reuse. I was able to peel the labels off pretty cleanly, and I think some rubbing alcohol might clean the little bit of goo that’s left so I can make my own labels for it, and try carrying some loose tea in it. Might have to air out a bit first – the tin smells of ginger, which is odd since I could never detect it in the brewed tea!

This smells amazing. Like lots and lots of peaches.

The flavor is a nice, smooth blend of spicy ginger and fruity peach.

I haven’t had tea in quite a while, other than bottled Peach Oo-La-Long or Black Forest Berry. This is my all-time favorite peachy tea.

Definitely more peach than ginger. You realize the ginger is there if you compare it with other peach flavored tea without ginger, but it can be slightly difficult to single it out. Good with honey (I think honey is better than sugar for this one), though you don’t need it. Pretty good.

This was another one from the Republic of Tea sampler cube I bought. It smelled nice and tasted okay, but I didn’t find it particularly special and I won’t go out of my way to get any more.

Boiling

Love it. Just a bit of sweetener to bring out the flavors, and I’m happy. Now I need to try the rest of the Ginger Peach teas that Republic of Tea makes!

This is the perfect Ginger Peach tea. I don’t think anything else comes close and I’ve tried every ginger peach blend I can get my hands on. I drink this all Summer long both hot and iced and it’s one that my pantry is never out of! I love that I can get it at Panera!

If you’re drinking the bagged version (say if you get it at Panera) there is no need to worry about a steep time. I’ve left the bag in, and just drank the tea even as it cooled. You can not ruin this tea no matter what you do to it!

this tea was womp-womp :(

i’d been eyeing the ginger peach for some time. i’m a big fan of peach tea and really like the taste of ginger. i prefer a spicier tea, so i thought this’d be a good match. to be honest, it was actually kind of nasty. i probably steeped it a little too long, but i’m not sure it would have been much better with less time. the ginger was too strong and the peach almost nonexistent. it was almost undrinkable. it became tolerable after i added a ridiculous amount of sugar.

overall, i was really disappointed with this tea. i plan on giving it another try with less steep time. i’m thinking the white version might be a better blend than the black.

Went out to get some fresh air and it started snowing like crazy. Ended up slipping and bumping my knees, so I headed back before I really got started. On the plus side, took a travel mug of this with me and it kept me warm and toasty.