Fruity, Ginger, Peach, Spicy, Moss
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I used the last of this tea to make some iced tea, along with Samovar's Yunnan Golden Buds. Even though I used a tablespoon of this tea with three tablespoons of the Golden buds, this tea asserted...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Dear weather, Its September. I should be taking out my sweaters, and looking at my tights, and generally getting cozy. Its going to be 102 today. Come on, really? Please? Please? I'd like to wear...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1066 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from the SF International Tea Festival. I do recall I had this one before at a Panera Bread and I thought it was ok. One major beef I have with RoT is that their teabags often...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2587 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! This is another one terri sent and for which the folks at work stole my remaining teabags of! I saved one to have this evening and i'm glad i did. This is another pretty decent tea bag...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

“Longevity Tea”—Our best-selling tea has the sweet lushness of a fancy peach with spicy ginger. Voted “Outstanding Beverage” by the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade.

About The Republic of Tea View company

This tea was the first one I ever had at Mishka’s when I first moved away to UCD from home.
The other anna and I used to go and share a pot from time to time, and while they had so many teas to choose from I always fancied my special ginger peach. Still the best, even if I have to smuggle it back in my luggage to get my fix. But this is a lovely lovely tea.
…and if you are in the neighboorhood, have a pot of it at Mishka’s for me ;)

My favorite! I discovered this as a kid and have been an avid tea drinker ever since.

Cofftea

Glad to see you drank true tea as a kid!:)

My friend took me out for Sweet Tomatoes for my birthday and they had this tea (among others from RoT that I hadn’t tried before. Then we went to watch Big Hero 6, which I would totally recommend.

Even with cooler water this tea turned bitter on me. It did smell amazing, but it most certainly did not taste amazing. The peach scent on this tea was quite juicy and the ginger… what ginger? But that all means nothing when it bitter so quickly. I thought I had overbrewed it at first, but I tried again… and even just cold steeping the bag it turned out yucky.

This is a staple for me. It’s my favorite peach-flavored tea by far, and one that I always have on hand. If I stand in front of all my teas debating what kind to have and getting nowhere, this is what I usually settle on.

gmathis

It’s nice to have a library of can’t-miss bagged teas that require no thought!

dragondrool

It is! And the travel tin fits perfectly in the front pocket of my jean jacket, so I’m never without an emergency teabag.

While brewing, this tea smells just like a ripe, juicy peach…and the flavor does not disappoint! It has a delicious smooth, fruity peach flavor that beautifully compliments the black tea base. You don’t notice the ginger at first, but there’s a nice spicy aftertaste that lingers long after the last sip. This is one I hate to run out of!

Flavors: Fruity, Ginger, Peach, Spicy

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I bought this tea when I was working at someone else’s office. I loved the first cups I had but then I found things I liked better. I like a nice flavored tea in the afternoon. Although ginger leads in the name its always tasted like peach to me. This can is pretty old so its now light beach and stronger just tea, perfect for breakfast with some avocado honey adding its own flavor. I will finish off the can this way, probably as my first of the day drink and I use the tea bags when I travel but otherwise I prefer many of my other loose leafs. The bags still smell of peach and some sort of generic lighter black tea (Ceylon perhaps), the liquor is a dark brown and theres some astringency that increases as it cools. I do enjoy it cold brewed and since its hot out, perhaps I should brew up a jar!

Flavors: Moss, Peach

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love peach, I love ginger, and I love Republic of Tea … I wanted to like this tea but was disappointed. I don’t taste the ginger, and there is just something off about the peach … it seems almost … soapy, maybe? I love everything else from Republic of Tea!

gingery, peachey, kinda sweet on its own.

good for iced tea or warm sipping tea

This is the tea I keep in my office. It’s not terribly strong, but it has a pleasant scent and taste that is difficult to over-steep or make bitter (which is excellent for if you’re pre-occupied with other things, as I often am). It’s become my go-to drink for setting on my desk, but it’s not necessarily the first cup I would have in the morning when trying to wake up and greet the day. I enjoy it, and I would recommend it for people who like lighter, gentler fruit flavors.

One of my favorite teas, although I agree that it’s sometimes a little weak; I’m looking forward to trying either the loose version or two bags in one cup. This one’s delicious by itself or with a bit of cream and sugar.