Fruity, Ginger, Peach, Spicy, Moss
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I used the last of this tea to make some iced tea, along with Samovar's Yunnan Golden Buds. Even though I used a tablespoon of this tea with three tablespoons of the Golden buds, this tea asserted...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Dear weather, Its September. I should be taking out my sweaters, and looking at my tights, and generally getting cozy. Its going to be 102 today. Come on, really? Please? Please? I'd like to wear...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1051 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from the SF International Tea Festival. I do recall I had this one before at a Panera Bread and I thought it was ok. One major beef I have with RoT is that their teabags often...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2576 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! This is another one terri sent and for which the folks at work stole my remaining teabags of! I saved one to have this evening and i'm glad i did. This is another pretty decent tea bag...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5351 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

“Longevity Tea”—Our best-selling tea has the sweet lushness of a fancy peach with spicy ginger. Voted “Outstanding Beverage” by the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Pretty good with some goat cheese artichoke flat bread & a flank steak sandwich :9 A little too perfumey though…

This is the only Ginger Peach blend I have found that I like.

I tried a sample of this tea today at World Market. I got excited because a) tea and b) I would get to write more for Steepster! Is that silly?

The tea was good, but a little bitter. Perhaps the bag was left in too long. Usually I don’t like fruity teas, but this one worked for me. Not to the point that I bought a container, mind you. The black tea gave me a big kick of caffeine, even from a small cup. I could not detect ginger in this tea, which is a little odd since it is the first word in the name!

I brewed this in my Libre tea thermos using one teabag and it was a bit weak, so next time I will follow the advice of some of the other reviewers and use two bags. The ginger peach combination is refreshing and pleasant. It seems as though it would be a lovely iced tea in warmer weather. This tea seemed to need more body, which maybe will improve when I use two bags. Typically I prefer a fuller bodied tea. It provided me with a nice afternoon drink which made my work more pleasant. Although given the choice between this tea and nice jasmine, I would usually pick the jasmine for my afternoon tea.

The smell is incredibly endorphin producing. The taste is even better. The ginger and peach notes were incredibly satisfying. I see why this is a popular tea.

Round, no-string bag. Appearance: small CTC. Liquor: lighter brown red. Smell: fragrant, peach and citrus notes predominate. Taste: peach and citrus flavors predominate, with some noticeable ginger. The black tea is present, but the sharp notes are subsumed by the flavoring. Passable without milk or sugar, but becomes more tart as tea cools. A small amount of sugar helps this tea, by bringing out the ginger notes. This also has the effect, though, of reducing the “tea” flavor. 4/10.

I love this tea. I remember discovering it at the Joseph Beth cafe during college. I love peach, and this is a nice, fruity tea that is good lightly sweetened. I think the ginger to peach ratio works really nicely. This one is good hot or cold.

Love this tea in the summer! Just need to remember that it takes less sugar than usual for this one.

One of the few blacks I’ll drink without any sweetener. Crisp, appropriately fruity, goes great with dessert. Just plain good.

Delicious with honey in the colder months and wonderful iced in the summer. One of the only black teas I can drink without milk or cream. Don’t steep it too long or it will become bitter.