Moss, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I used the last of this tea to make some iced tea, along with Samovar's Yunnan Golden Buds. Even though I used a tablespoon of this tea with three tablespoons of the Golden buds, this tea asserted...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Its gonna be a long day! I've got my morning shift, and then I have to go and tend to the morning session of animal care. I'm pet sitting two ducks, a parakeet, fifteen canaries and a cat. The...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 885 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from the SF International Tea Festival. I do recall I had this one before at a Panera Bread and I thought it was ok. One major beef I have with RoT is that their teabags often...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2355 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! This is another one terri sent and for which the folks at work stole my remaining teabags of! I saved one to have this evening and i'm glad i did. This is another pretty decent tea bag...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4889 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

“Longevity Tea”—Our best-selling tea has the sweet lushness of a fancy peach with spicy ginger. Voted “Outstanding Beverage” by the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I brewed this in my Libre tea thermos using one teabag and it was a bit weak, so next time I will follow the advice of some of the other reviewers and use two bags. The ginger peach combination is refreshing and pleasant. It seems as though it would be a lovely iced tea in warmer weather. This tea seemed to need more body, which maybe will improve when I use two bags. Typically I prefer a fuller bodied tea. It provided me with a nice afternoon drink which made my work more pleasant. Although given the choice between this tea and nice jasmine, I would usually pick the jasmine for my afternoon tea.

The smell is incredibly endorphin producing. The taste is even better. The ginger and peach notes were incredibly satisfying. I see why this is a popular tea.

Round, no-string bag. Appearance: small CTC. Liquor: lighter brown red. Smell: fragrant, peach and citrus notes predominate. Taste: peach and citrus flavors predominate, with some noticeable ginger. The black tea is present, but the sharp notes are subsumed by the flavoring. Passable without milk or sugar, but becomes more tart as tea cools. A small amount of sugar helps this tea, by bringing out the ginger notes. This also has the effect, though, of reducing the “tea” flavor. 4/10.

I love this tea. I remember discovering it at the Joseph Beth cafe during college. I love peach, and this is a nice, fruity tea that is good lightly sweetened. I think the ginger to peach ratio works really nicely. This one is good hot or cold.

Love this tea in the summer! Just need to remember that it takes less sugar than usual for this one.

One of the few blacks I’ll drink without any sweetener. Crisp, appropriately fruity, goes great with dessert. Just plain good.

Delicious with honey in the colder months and wonderful iced in the summer. One of the only black teas I can drink without milk or cream. Don’t steep it too long or it will become bitter.

Loved this! Steeped for the maximum recommended brewing time (5 min, if I recall correctly) and had just a little bit of sugar with it. I’m a sucker for peach teas, but I loved the ginger kick! Truly one of the best bagged black teas I’ve had.

An outstanding cup. The mix of peach and ginger is perfect, and the flavor of “the leaf” is sweet. The body is between light and medium. The best-seller by The Republic of Tea has an intense sweet flavor. I buy this one routinely. A great introduction to black tea.

I was interested to see how this tasted since I really enjoy RoT’s ginger peach white tea. I saw this sitting on the counter in my school’s post office with a few other teas and the women there said I could take one! The ginger is definitely much more toned down in this one, and in general I’m not really a black tea kind of girl. It’s a pleasant tea overall though!