Peach, Fruity, Ginger, Spicy, Moss
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I used the last of this tea to make some iced tea, along with Samovar’s Yunnan Golden Buds. Even though I used a tablespoon of this tea with three tablespoons of the Golden buds, this tea...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Dear weather, Its September. I should be taking out my sweaters, and looking at my tights, and generally getting cozy. Its going to be 102 today. Come on, really? Please? Please? I’d like to...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1354 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from the SF International Tea Festival. I do recall I had this one before at a Panera Bread and I thought it was ok. One major beef I have with RoT is that their teabags often make a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2794 tasting notes
  • SIPDOWN! This is another one terri sent and for which the folks at work stole my remaining teabags of! I saved one to have this evening and i’m glad i did. This...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6564 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

“Longevity Tea”—Our best-selling tea has the sweet lushness of a fancy peach with spicy ginger. Voted “Outstanding Beverage” by the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade.

About The Republic of Tea View company

One of the few blacks I’ll drink without any sweetener. Crisp, appropriately fruity, goes great with dessert. Just plain good.

Delicious with honey in the colder months and wonderful iced in the summer. One of the only black teas I can drink without milk or cream. Don’t steep it too long or it will become bitter.

Loved this! Steeped for the maximum recommended brewing time (5 min, if I recall correctly) and had just a little bit of sugar with it. I’m a sucker for peach teas, but I loved the ginger kick! Truly one of the best bagged black teas I’ve had.

An outstanding cup. The mix of peach and ginger is perfect, and the flavor of “the leaf” is sweet. The body is between light and medium. The best-seller by The Republic of Tea has an intense sweet flavor. I buy this one routinely. A great introduction to black tea.

I was interested to see how this tasted since I really enjoy RoT’s ginger peach white tea. I saw this sitting on the counter in my school’s post office with a few other teas and the women there said I could take one! The ginger is definitely much more toned down in this one, and in general I’m not really a black tea kind of girl. It’s a pleasant tea overall though!

I can definitely smell & taste the peach but the ginger doesn’t come through at all. I tried adding some cinnamon honey and the tea even swallowed up that flavor. All in all, pretty ‘meh’.

It’s okay, not my favorite. I guess peach teas aren’t for me as I have yet to find one I like. This one will sit in the cupboard for awhile.

Good, well-balanced tea. Also tastes great as an iced tea for those hot days.

It’s an ok tea. The peach definitely comes out more than the black. I also think I understeeped it a little cause the tea taste is pretty weak. As a comparison, I think Stash has a stronger peach tea. This tea is enjoyable but I don’t think I would buy a can. Too bad I can’t try a longer steep time since this bag was a sample and I don’t have anymore.

I’m ok with this tea, but get cravings for it. I like the black tea base, but the ginger/peach is a bit effervescent. The scent is wonderful, though, and that’s why I usually brew this. Personally, I like tea that has more body.