Chamomile Lemon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I got this as part of a tea trade with oOTeaOo (thank you!). I have to say that it's a distinctly 'herbal' herbal tea. The scent is mainly of chamomile with some lavender tucked underneath and...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1585 tasting notes
  • “The name of this tea is a big misnomer. I was expecting it to taste rather lemony. It doesn't taste of lemon (or lemon balm) at all. Chamomile, hint of lavender, herbal. Not flowery at all,...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging... I was trying to sing my repertoire on Tuesday, but my voice seemed to have less presence (probably because I was sitting at a piano). I drank this at dinner, and at my studio...” Read full tasting note
    elysian_voices 69 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea in "The Republic of Tea Experience Sampler Cube". I've been drinking mostly teas with strong mint and/or licorice flavors, so this one was a bit different. It is flavorful but mild...” Read full tasting note
    Squee 20 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Surrender to Sleep Herb Tea. Chamomile is blended with Lemon balm, linden flowers, orange blossoms, lavender flower, skullcap, passion flower, lemon juice and valerian root to produce a fragrant & soothing cup. These potent botanicals surrender a sweet & tranquil tea—delighting palate, mind & body.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I got this as part of a tea trade with oOTeaOo (thank you!). I have to say that it’s a distinctly ‘herbal’ herbal tea. The scent is mainly of chamomile with some lavender tucked underneath and the taste is, again, mostly of chamomile, with a rather herb-y-tasting background.

The name of this tea is a big misnomer. I was expecting it to taste rather lemony. It doesn’t taste of lemon (or lemon balm) at all.

Chamomile, hint of lavender, herbal. Not flowery at all, which is a good thing for a chamomile tea, in my opinion. This isn’t a bad tea, and I’d certainly drink it again if it was offered to me, but I wouldn’t actively seek it out, especially when so many other chamomile blends are much tastier.

Backlogging…
I was trying to sing my repertoire on Tuesday, but my voice seemed to have less presence (probably because I was sitting at a piano). I drank this at dinner, and at my studio recital, I had some of the best sound I’ve ever had. It relaxes me and keeps my throat soothed when it’s not too phlegmy :)

I got this tea in “The Republic of Tea Experience Sampler Cube”. I’ve been drinking mostly teas with strong mint and/or licorice flavors, so this one was a bit different. It is flavorful but mild at the same time. It has a very soothing aroma and flavor. While I prefer Republic of Tea’s “Get Some ZZZ’s” tea for a bedtime tea, this one was nice too. I could see myself buying more, if the right mood struck me.

Boiling

I was looking for a nice herbal tea that I can drink at night that wouldn’t keep me awake, but I’m just not a Chamomile fan. Although having other herbs mixed in with the chamomile does make it more enjoyable. I will drink this tea occasionally and continue my quest.

Trying to wind down from the day. I’d forgotten how nice chamomile can be. This one is very soothing and a bit medicinal in taste. But I do like that sort of thing. I’ll be using this “Surrender to Sleep Herb Tea” instead of Sleepytime from now on.