Natural Hibiscus

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Update on The Republic of Tea Company Teabag Herbal Tea 'Natural Hibiscus' Iced tea made in a large pitcher with 16 teabags, 8 cups hot water (filtered, boiling), and some ice. A bit tart, so...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 698 tasting notes
  • “Had this as a HOT Sample at Wegmans tonight. I was surprised at the taste. It proved me wrong. It was sweet but pretty good. It wasn't really tart which totally confused me...because of 99.9%...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “At Cinderella Russian Bakery & Cafe. This was their house iced tea, at least for today. Didn't see the bag, but all their other teas were Republic so I'm assuming this is it (also since it seems to...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2281 tasting notes
  • “This was free to me thanks to the catalog. :) It's somewhat tart, somewhat sweet, crisp , fruity, ripe, actually quite delightful, and a lovely dark red shade when brewed. I did not expect to...” Read full tasting note
    amandajo 58 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Description: Ruby red hibiscus shines brightly in this evocatively fruity herbal tea. Sip the pure effervescence of hibiscus. Its crisp, bold juiciness stands out hot or iced. Evokes the thought of a perfect summer day in the tropics.
Ingredients: Hibiscus (flower); Sweet Blackberry (leaf); Stevia (leaf)

About The Republic of Tea View company

Update on The Republic of Tea Company Teabag Herbal Tea ‘Natural Hibiscus’

A bit tart, so i added a splash of lemon juice and sugar free raspberry torani syrup

Delicious; sweet, hibiscus, tart, citrus, then raspberry sweet

Next time it could bear for some more water though, or less bags, and perhaps honey while it’s hot.

Cofftea

“A bit tart, so i added a splash of lemon juice” now that’s an oxymoron:)

AmazonV

well, it needs to decide, i am TART or i am not…it was kinda being all wishy washy at me, silly tea

Janefan

sounds yummy! I have some Pina Colada Honeybush chillin’ in the fridge that I plan to try tomorrow. And then I’m bustin’ open the Pomegranate Honeybush to compare (both 52teas). Hooray for iced tea weather!

AmazonV

ooo Janefan I can’t wait to see the comparison :)

Had this as a HOT Sample at Wegmans tonight. I was surprised at the taste. It proved me wrong. It was sweet but pretty good. It wasn’t really tart which totally confused me…because of 99.9% of my other Hibiscus experiences. Wasn’t too bad, really…

Meghann M

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well RoT does Hibiscus blends. That collection has been one I covet and enjoy every so often.

At Cinderella Russian Bakery & Cafe. This was their house iced tea, at least for today. Didn’t see the bag, but all their other teas were Republic so I’m assuming this is it (also since it seems to be one of the more widely available hibiscus tisanes.) even my husband liked it since it wasnt sweetened. He suggested it might be good hot. Maybe I’ll try that with the sample I have at home.

This was free to me thanks to the catalog. :) It’s somewhat tart, somewhat sweet, crisp , fruity, ripe, actually quite delightful, and a lovely dark red shade when brewed. I did not expect to like this, I was pleasantly surprised.

Ok, I admit it, I signed up for the Republic of Tea catalog for the free samples. Guilty.

Anyway, it smelled really tart when I sniffed the bag while waiting for the water to heat up. It also, of course, smelled like dried hibiscus without the bitterness that fresh hibiscus flowers have. The second I poured the water into the mug, it turned magenta, then proceeded to get very dark.

Hmm, as far as the taste goes, it’s a little mediocre. I can detect what I think is lemongrass, plus maybe some kind of berry, but it’s very mild. It’s tangy, and something about it reminds of Tazo’s “Passion”. (But it’s not as good.) I wouldn’t pursue this tea again, but it’s not bad.

My wife and I really like this tea for its beautiful color, deep strong taste, its depth of flavor, and overall enjoyment…and it supposedly lowers one’s blood pressure. We liked it so much that we requested that our local natural food store carry it. It is currently a real favorite at my house.

What I love about this tea is the liquor – a gorgeous royal purple. I love watching the dark pink tendrils slink through the water as the tea bag steeps.

I have mixed feelings about the flavor. Hot, the tea is tart. I can’t stand drinking it hot. I prefer it iced – even though it is still very sweet – because it’s refreshing on hot summer days.

Mom got this sample with her Republic of Tea catalog (which, I assume, she now receives since she ordered tea for me), and passed it along to me. I was rather excited, since I’ve tried most of the flavored superfruit teas, but not the plain, original one.

This one is just as good as the others. Sweet, not too tart, with a hint of apple and lemon. Drinking it hot, but like the others, would be excellent cold. I’d definitely consider purchasing this.

Boiling 8 min or more

I love hibiscus teas, and this is a favorite of mine. I don’t care for the natural stevia in it, but the other flavors still come through and are very fruity and floral.

Today I had tea with two of my daughters and this was one of our tastings. We tasted this and three other teas and we all agreed that this was our favorite. We sweetened it a wee bit with the German rock sugar from Teavana. This tea was suprisingly robust. It seemed like a thicker infusion than I was expecting. It was a full, sweet, flowery and fruity taste. I would definitely buy this tea and enjoy keeping some on hand. It is decaffeinated and I presume a tisane. I did not detect any real tea leaves of any sort. Nevertheless it is quite tasty and I think it would be yummy mixed in with iced tea. My daughter that supplied this one said she has mixed it with lemonade previously and that it is terrific that way with lots of ice on a hot summer day. It was good hot today in my opinion. It would be enjoyable in the evening also when I don’t want anything decaffeinated.