Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I got a cup of this at Panera this afternoon with lunch since I was cold and tired from birding in the morning. Today is a pretty nice day relatively, but I wish it was like tomorrow is going to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1964 tasting notes
  • “Like *Dinosara*, I picked this up at Panera with my chicken caesar salad for lunch. Salads are cold, and I wanted something warm to go with it. So this seemed to be a safe choice. I drank it...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 521 tasting notes
  • “An absolute screamer day at work (clock ticking, school starts, post-tornado, in less ... than ... one ... week ... and ... everything's ... an ... emergency) so to be honest, I'm not sure I could...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1718 tasting notes
  • “Maybe the bag was old. I could not taste the Ceylon. The mango is pleasant. There just isn't enough tea in the bag to make a real cup. That's a shame as this isn't bad and it could be good. One of...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1317 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Metabolic Frolic Tea – This favored tea is light, sweet & intoxicatingly fragrant. Mango & sunflower blossoms are blended with superior Ceylon tea leaves to produce an uplifting cup. Wonderful served over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

When I smelled the bag I thought I would hate it (I notice this becoming a trend with fruit teas, I should learn) Anyway, this is a nice tea, the tea really is smooth and there’s just enough mango flavor. I like how it’s naturally sweet but not too sweet.

A surprisingly light and fruity tea. No hint of bitterness to the cup.

I was really surprised with how good this tea tastes! I’m usually not one to drink the fruity blends of tea but this one was a good strong cup with just a tiny but definitely notable hints of mango.

I’m not sure what to think about this one. It has a very fresh, natural-seeming mango flavor, and a base of decent, if slightly timid, black tea. Even though the tea flavor and aroma aren’t intense, it will wake you up in the morning just as well as a stronger-tasting black tea, without any astringency.

So, it’s not half bad. But I’ve never had a Western-styled black tea completely lose all distinguishing qualities on the second steep before. The round bags can hold only very small leaf bits, and don’t allow for expansion, so that may be a problem inherent to this design.

This has always been a favorite of mine. While some drinkers lament the soft mango hints and would prefer a more robust fruit flavor, I find its subtlety to be its best feature. A cup of Mango Ceylon is always delightful and smooth on its own merits. I have convinced many non-tea drinkers to give tea another look after serving a cup of Mango Ceylon.

The tea sachets are handy and make this an easy tea to prepare, but that’s where the truly positive ends. I bought a tin of this (50 unbleached tea bags) at Whole Foods in St. Paul, MN. I felt that the black tea had a bitter undercurrent to it. I even tried steeping the tea with lukewarm water and under-steeping it time-wise. There was a light bitterness to every cup. Could it have been old tea? That’s why I mention the store from which it was purchased. Also, I could not detect a mango flavor. I bought this tea in desperation as I had just run out of Teavana black teas; since getting this tea, I have managed to wean myself from even black tea (I only occasionally drink coffee, and have not touched pop/soda for 26 years). I just wouldn’t buy this again.

I have drank this tea for over 10 years and I’ve always enjoyed it. In fact, I’m drinking it iced right now. I like the subtlety of the taste.

I only got a light hint of mango, there’s more of a flowery taste, but not overpoweringly so, and very pleasant. It doesn’t knock my socks off, but it’s very nice to drink.

Not sure what brand this is. But I’m steeping and about to drink a pot of Mango Ceylon tea at the Tea Garden in Minneapolis

Hmmm…not sure I tasted much of anything in this tea. I always sweeten my tea, so as usual I put my tsp of honey in and let it steep. The first sip all I could taste was honey! No mango, no ceylon. I have not tasted this without sweetener, but I may try it to see if that changes my mind. I also gave my boyfriend a sip without telling him my own thoughts and he said, “this tastes completely like honey”. One tsp of honey should not have overpowered this tea to the point that it was the only thing I could taste. However, even with the honey, I think this is a nice simple tea for a cool morning.