Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I got a cup of this at Panera this afternoon with lunch since I was cold and tired from birding in the morning. Today is a pretty nice day relatively, but I wish it was like tomorrow is going to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1992 tasting notes
  • “Like *Dinosara*, I picked this up at Panera with my chicken caesar salad for lunch. Salads are cold, and I wanted something warm to go with it. So this seemed to be a safe choice. I drank it...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 526 tasting notes
  • “An absolute screamer day at work (clock ticking, school starts, post-tornado, in less ... than ... one ... week ... and ... everything's ... an ... emergency) so to be honest, I'm not sure I could...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1736 tasting notes
  • “Maybe the bag was old. I could not taste the Ceylon. The mango is pleasant. There just isn't enough tea in the bag to make a real cup. That's a shame as this isn't bad and it could be good. One of...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1354 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Metabolic Frolic Tea – This favored tea is light, sweet & intoxicatingly fragrant. Mango & sunflower blossoms are blended with superior Ceylon tea leaves to produce an uplifting cup. Wonderful served over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Been drinking this tea for lack of a better black tea in my tea cupboard. I’ve really been needing the extra caffeine boost, plus, I’m trying to drink all my old ugly teas so make room for some newer fresher yummier teas. This black bagged tea has been floating around my cupboard for years now. It’s old. It tastes old and weak. But it’s still drinkable. I usually like to make an iced tea out of this. Brewing a hand full of bags in a large carafe, and then putting it in the fridge makes for a nice lift midday. I’d love to make a sun brew with this, as the subtle fruity notes would make a great tropical natural drink. Not enough sun where I’m at tho. All in all, it’s okay. I don’t mind the fruity taste, but I can definitely find a better tea.

I was given this tea in loose leaf form and I absolutely love it- I can brew it both strong and weak and it tastes fine either. I haven’t tried it cold yet, but I am sure it will be lovely!

A pretty good, basic tea. It does not at all take to oversteeping well, or to hot water — be careful with this one. It’s fruity and nice, and blends really well with other flavors, but can stand alone too if you’re up for it. Personally, I won’t be restocking this one, but I didn’t mind having it.

I used to drink this one a lot. It’s a nice combo of black tea with mango. People who are upgrading from something like Lipton find this one to be a good “transitional” tea.

One of my old favorites. Smooth yet pleasantly strong with a hint of Mango. Also good with Gensoy soymilk in a cold winter day.

My first cup of the day. It was pleasant but not overly strong in either the black tea or the Mango. Still a nice warm up tho!

I didn’t think I’d like the mango but I was pleasantly surprised by its light flavor. I had this tea iced and it was fantastic.