Good Hope Vanilla (Red)

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Teabag sipdown take 3… This also came as a free sample with the RoT catalogue, although I can't remember how long ago, but I'm pretty sure this is 2-3 years old. Four years ago I drank the heck...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1940 tasting notes
  • “This was last nights cup. It is a little strange, but apparently my favorite cup from Republic of Tea so far, is not a tea but an herbal or is it a tisane? What's the difference? I don't drink a...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1354 tasting notes
  • “Just a short note before dashing off to work they were serving tea at my meditation group last night and I got to try some of this, I was pleasantly surprised that one teabag in my cup seemed to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2466 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had this one in a long while. It's satisfying enough but I never get an overly vanilla type taste from it. The Rooibos is a good tasting rooibos for a bagged one, anyhow!” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Rich in antioxidants, naturally caffeine free. Rooibos is indigenous to South Africa, often referred to as Cape of Good Hope. We offer a blend of Rooibos sweet vanilla beans with a hint of cream.

About The Republic of Tea View company

This was the best rooibos I’ve had in a while. I love the real vanilla taste in this like others have said. Every time I have a tea with vanilla is seems to suffocate any other ingredients or taste odd. Even with bad brewing conditions the flavors melded well and highlighted the tea insted of trying to convince us it wasn’t as bad as it seemed.

I got this tea in “The Republic of Tea Experience Sampler Cube”. I rather like it! It has a smooth, lovely, creamy vanilla flavor with a beautiful aroma. After taking a sip and then breathing, it almost feels like I’ve gotten a whiff and slight taste of vanilla cake. I was expecting a bland ho-hum thin vanilla flavor, not the robust and well-balanced authentic flavor that it actually has. What a nice surprise! This is more like what I was expecting from the Double Dark Chocolate Mate that I also got from Republic of Tea… I wonder how a mix of the two would taste…? Alas, I only had one sample of the Good Hope. I will likely buy a tin of this in the future.

Boiling

This was my first Rooibos tea and still is my favorite. The vanilla flavor is not as pronounced as I would have hoped but it is enough to be noticed and compliment the earthy rooibos flavor. This one is a staple for me. I’ve read that rooibos soothes the central nervous system and I certainly believe it. After a couple cups of it at night, I’m relaxed and ready for bed.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
spohkh

it was my first rooibos as well =)

I don’t think I’m chancey enough to buy a Republic of Tea canister without trying a sample (50 tea bags!) so I’m happy to receive a sample from them once in a while. I haven’t tried many RoT but this one is good and also my favorite. I guess I like teas with vanilla, especially if its a red tea. This is very smooth, tasty and vanilly.

Don’t know what to say other than it’s good :) Just left the tea bag in my mug with no fear of oversteeping.

Boiling 8 min or more

I love this tea. It’s creamy and delicious on a chilly spring night!

I got a free sample of this tea with a Republic of Tea catalog (Yay!). It smells nice in the package, stinks to heck while steeping, but tastes lovely when you add milk and sweetener. I like it.

This was my first red tea, and after a moment of adjustment, I rather enjoy it. Normally I stick to greens, but my sister gave me a tin of Good Hope Vanilla to try it out. Also, I rarely go for flavored teas, being more of a ‘tea is tea’ person, however, I continue to enjoy this the more I drink. The vanilla flavor is excellent, there’s enough there to notice, but it’s not overwhelming. The creaminess of the tea was almost surprising at first, but again adds to the character and doesn’t ‘steal the show.’ I’m enjoying the color very much, a deep burnt sienna. I recommend it, and will most likely keep a tin on hand for an after-dinner drink (as it’s naturally caffeine-free).

This has been my favorite brand and flavor of red tea for many years. First experimented with while working in a cafe, I heartily enjoyed this special tea without guilt daily, for not only was it caffeine-free, it was also free! Ah, the long-gone perks of being a coffeewench!

I will always recommend this brand and tea to newcomers to the rooibos plant.

I admit, I’m a sucker for vanilla in my tea. While it’s not a tea I keep around all the time (like RoT’s Vanilla Almond) I’ll still sit back and enjoy a cup.