Sea Buckthorn Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Watched the temp more on this cup and got a mildly sweet green tea with a light tartness to the aftertaste. There might be the tiniest hint of apple. Glad to have tried this tea. Thank you...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “I have been looking at this tea ever since I saw it in my teacher's tea basket this morning. I finally decided to just dive in and brew myself up a cup because it would pick at me until I tried it....” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “This has berries in it? Are you sure? Smells like vanilla cookies to me…tastes like cookies. Perhaps there’s a hint of apple…no, not really. Just vanilla cookie goodness. ” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells amazing. It smells sweet, sugary, with maybe a hint of vanilla and some sweet exotic fruit like dates. After brewing it still smells amazing. I drink this at work where I have...” Read full tasting note
    Exidy 67 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Sea Buckthorn is native to the shores of the Northern Baltic Sea in Germany where locals consume the berries to ward off cold and flu.

Sea Buckthorn berries are mildly tart, like an apricot, and rich in vitamin C and E. Paired with fresh, green tea and ripe, sweet apples, this blend is filled with antioxidants and healthy intentions

Ingredients: Green tea, apple bits, natural sea buckthorn flavoring and sea buckthorn berries.

Country of Origin: China

Steeping Instructions: Simply heat fresh, filtered water just short of boiling. Then pour water over tea and steep for 1-3 minutes (if using a tea bag) or 2-4 minutes (if using full-leaf tea.)

About The Republic of Tea View company

Watched the temp more on this cup and got a mildly sweet green tea with a light tartness to the aftertaste. There might be the tiniest hint of apple. Glad to have tried this tea. Thank you Jaime for sending me some.

I have been looking at this tea ever since I saw it in my teacher’s tea basket this morning. I finally decided to just dive in and brew myself up a cup because it would pick at me until I tried it.

When brewed, it is a very nice light golden color. When I was walking over to my art history class, I thought I would catch the scent of honey. I sniffed it after it was finished brewing (about a five minute walk from my english to my art history class) and it did indeed smell like honey.

The taste itself was interesting. It tasted sweet. The sweetness didn’t overpower the green tea at all. It reminded me of gathering up and drinking dew off of fresh cut grass. Light, sweet, and vegetal. There was a little bit of a tang with the aftertaste, but I didn’t identify it until the very last sip.

I’m not sure if i like it or not. I think it is a tea that would grow on me, but I wouldn’t have it all of the time. I wouldn’t turn it down though.

Meghann M

Green tea vanilla cookie sounds good, even if it was supposed to be berries!

I drink this at work where I have little control over water temperature. So, I’d have to guess that the water temp is probably around 190°F to 200°F. If I steep this for longer than two minutes it’s just too bitter. It works best if I steep for about a minute. It’s a light tasting tea with much less sweetness than I would expect from the aroma and actually has a little bite. The sweet flavor is more in the aftertaste.

Overall impression is that it’s OK, but too bitter for me.

One of my favorite greens! It’s a very sweet cup, best made in the biggest strainer you have as the tightly-rolled leaves unfurl to a pretty good size. It smells like dessert but the taste has a tart edge to it. I tend to think that the sea buckthorn makes me feel a bit better when illness threatens, but maybe I’m just a sucker for a good health claim.

Wow, this definitely wasn’t something I was expecting.

The dry teabag smelled sweet and slightly tart. I’ve never had sea buckthorn before, but I think that was where the tartness came from. However, brewed up, I’m getting a sense of honey or vanilla, with only the barest hint of tartness on the back of the tongue at the end of the sip. There’s a slightly medicinal aftertaste that I’m having a hard time putting my finger on.

This is interesting, but I’ve found that I’m not a fan of vanilla in green teas. But I have only one more teabag left from darby to finish off, so at least I got to try it.