Double Green Matcha Tea (Certified Organic)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

From The Republic of Tea

We’ve married the exquisite organic green tea powder known as matcha with fine, organic green leaf tea. We invite you to sip the fresh, springtime-grassy flavor of the antioxidant-rich brew. This tea’s smooth character makes it a good partner with sweet or savory foods.

INGREDIENTS
Fine organic China green tea and organic Japanese matcha

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
China, Japan

About The Republic of Tea View company

WOW! The first Republic of Tea that rates a 100 score from me. I am surprised at how much I love this tea. Double Green Matcha Tea has the best of both worlds the grassy, vegetal taste of Matcha [which is an ingredient anyway] with the bright astringency of Chinese green tea which is also an ingredient. I have to say that the Matcha in this blend seems to taste a little fresher than the single batch of Matcha I purchased before.

The aroma consists of both types of tea, clean, fresh, grassy, vegetal and bright.

The color is not as bright as whisking up Matcha alone, it’s a little brownish-green, not too off-putting, it is more like a darker jade but not as green. To be honest, I think the coloring is due to the addition of the Chinese green tea, the cuppa is more of that color with the Matcha powder as a little enhancement…still drinkable.

The aftertaste is really nice. This tea taste lingers on the palate with the effect of wanting more.

This tea is quite delicious and I would highly recommend this one.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cofftea

The whole idea of this is just beyond me. If I wanted something like this I think I’d just steep some green tea then add some matcha to it… I dunno… I just can’t get over it…

Nice concept for a bagged green tea. When you open the jar you will find matcha powder dusted over all the tea bags, which is a pleasant experience and smells great. The matcha tastes great too.
However the leaves are cut and thus the strength is rather weak. This is a bit of disappointment and makes the taste experience underwhelming. I find myself wanting a stronger green.
Steep it for at least three minutes for a stronger flavor.

Having this today with a little honey in it. Its an overcast day and I overslept and I have a headache and feel weird. Its helping. :)