Warm the Heart - Cardamon Cinnamon Herb Tea

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “I purchased this at Whole Foods from the serve-yourself bins. It smelled really heavy in the store, which is something I love with cinnamon teas. I have to comment that this is much better as a...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 539 tasting notes
  • “I'm kind of disappointed with this. I was hoping that it would be better than the bagged version, but I think the pieces are two whole to steep right. The flavor is not right.” Read full tasting note
    acreech 54 tasting notes
  • “Scooped a sample of this out of the bulk bin at Whole Foods, which in retrospect, seems a bad idea for this sort of loose tea -where there are various components of differing sizes, so some things...” Read full tasting note
    bookshark 150 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Native to the shadier regions of India & Ceylon, cardamom has a gentle, airy taste of the forest itself – reminiscent of ginger with a pinch of pine.Cinnamon brings a spicy depth. Also, great over ice!

About The Republic of Tea View company

I purchased this at Whole Foods from the serve-yourself bins. It smelled really heavy in the store, which is something I love with cinnamon teas. I have to comment that this is much better as a mixer than by itself. I’m trying it with all of my heavier flavored blacks and finding really great results. It is very cinnamon forward, with notes of anise as well. I made sure to get some larger pods in here. It’s a pretty great tea if you are looking for something really heavy on the cinnamon, but isn’t really a big standout or anything special.

I’m kind of disappointed with this. I was hoping that it would be better than the bagged version, but I think the pieces are two whole to steep right. The flavor is not right.

Em

That’s a stinker :(

Scooped a sample of this out of the bulk bin at Whole Foods, which in retrospect, seems a bad idea for this sort of loose tea -where there are various components of differing sizes, so some things float to the top and some to the bottom.

I think that might have colored my opinion of this tea, just a little. But I did do my best to get a balanced blend. In any case, this tastes like a version of Good Earth’s Sweet and Spicy. Heavier on the cinnamon than Good Earth, so it’s also sweeter.

Ultimately, I think the cinnamon is way overdone and that this tea is too expensive to buy, considering that when I’m in the mood for this sort of drink, Good Earth Sweet and Spicy suits me just fine…