Red Velvet Chocolate

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Beckara

• “Nothing like sitting in front of the computer doing analytical left-brain things all day, then coming home and spending the evening milking what's left of the other side to write creative kids'...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “Er, I may have hit up a mall in a major city and gone to both DAVIDsTea and Lupicia, and come away with some tea. Oops. Well, time to work on my sipdowns. This has one more pot left in it, which I...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 674 tasting notes
  • “I have discovered the thing to do with this is just cut the teabags open and use three of them for one mug of tea. It is sweet and chocolate-y, still I am not sure I would buy this again and I wish...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2168 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from yesterday. I had this with my dinner while at Panera. At first I had my doubts about eating there but it was super convenient at the time and then I saw they carry Republic of Tea and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Have your cake and sip it too! Indulge your sweet tooth with this healthy, caffeine-free infusion. Antioxidant-rich rooibos is blended with chocolate and beet root bits to taste just like the classic red velvet cake. The perfect cup to accompany birthdays and other celebrations.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I had gotten this tea as a birthday gift from my sister. I was really excited because anything red velvet is my top favorite.

I had to expierement with steeping time to get the full flavor. The first time I tried this tea, I steeped it for the recommended 2 to 5 minutes on the tin. The flavor was there, but not fully. The next few times I had it I steeped it for 6 to 10 minutes. I got a mild flavor when I did this. Which was great so it wasn’t over-powering.

I also tried two different ways of steeping the tea bag in the water when I was experimenting with the steeping time. I tried adding the bag after I had the hot water in my mug the first time. That might have been why I didn’t get the full flavor. After that, I would put the tea bag in the mug BEFORE I put the hot water in it. The flavor improved when I did this and played with the steeping time.

Overall, I did like this type of tea. It was very nice, not overpowering, and I swear I did smell fresh baked red velvet cake when I took a whiff of the tea. I say it’s perfect for desserts and small get-togethers. My only complaint is that it’s $10.00 a tin (if you go to Fisher’s in North Canton, OH) if you want to re-stock on this tea.

Mmmm… this is good!

Nice chocolate flavour, interesting other taste-hints (bit of tang or tart), and the rooibos is nicely in the background. I would buy this one. Thanks, Starfevre!

Steeped for 8 minutes, added sugar and milk.

Boiling 8 min or more

I had first gotten a small tin of this tea, containing two bags as a gift on Valentines day. Lets say, I drank those two bags right away, and I had to get more. This is defiantly in my top 5 of my favourite teas. I recommend it to any tea enthusiast.

Boiling 8 min or more

The greater part of the chocolate effect is in the aroma. I like to breathe in the chocolate and follow with a sip for the rooibos and vanilla. Yum yum yum yum yum!

I had very high expectations with this tea, but I’m not really happy with the taste. The chocolate flavor feels very artificial for me.

I drink it with milk and sugar to make it more tasty.

8 min or more

I was able to taste this wonderful tea thanks to a friend who carried it from US to Italy. We cannot find such a tasty tea in our country (as far as I know).

My thoughts upon it? It’s great, tasty and delicious. Perfect for any time of the day, from breakfast to after dinner. If you have it with red velvet cupcakes you’ll have the perfect mix of sweetness!

A little fruitier than I was expecting; it doesn’t REALLY taste like Red Velvet cake, but it works fine as a dessert tea on its own. I added a little sweetener, sea salt, and hot chocolate mix to (hopefully) bring out the chocolatey taste elements; they do make it sweeter, at least.