Bergamot, Astringent, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From The Republic of Tea

More of a Good Thing Tea – Bergamot orange is a citrus fruit native to northern Italy. Our exceptional blend of this classic tea uses a superior, light Ceylon leaf combined with top-grade, pure bergamot oil. Recognized as the best tasting Earl Grey available.

About The Republic of Tea View company

The full leaf version is back at the student center. I was so psyched, but thankfully I looked into my thermos before I put my teabag in. I had just washed it back in the dorm, and a few bubbles formed when they put the hot water in, even though the water seemed clear when I rinsed it out several times. I rinsed it out again and had the tea at lunch. It’s definitely a more interesting flavor than the regular one, though I might start adding Splenda again. Or maybe I’m not digging a darker taste today. I still like it, though, and I’m glad one of my favorites of the teas they carry here is back.

When I placed an order for some bulk Blackberry Sage I decided ti try some sip-by-sip samplers of which this was one of them. It was my first experience to Earl Grey tea, and boy was I wowed! I love it so much I turned around and ordered a bulk bag a couple days after my first sip of it! I have only tried it hot and steep it 5 minutes (to make decaf I steep in a little bit of hot water for 60 seconds, dump and then steep for the 5 minutes). I usually drop 3 grams (i.e. 3 packets) of sweetener for a 14 or 15 oz mug since I like my tea on the sweet side. It has a wonderful but not overpowering citrus tang to it. So far this has become my favorite tea!

I wanted a good, strong, basic tea this morning with no frills. This is it.

Really quite a nice Earl Grey. Lots of bergamot flavor that comes through. Some other Earl Grey teas I’ve tried have been more subtle, but I tend to like it a bit assertive, which Republic is. That said, it’s still nicely drinkable; the flavors are well-blended and not harsh at all.

Flavors: Bergamot

I received one of the Downton Abbey limited edition teas for Christmas (the raspberry hibiscus herbal tea, which I already know I don’t like) and was so happy that I was able to exchange it for a tin of this instead. This is a nice, basic Earl Grey. Nothing special, but I feel that the base tea is well chosen and the bergamont flavor balanced: present, but not overpowering. It’s lightly astringent if you drink it black, but I always add a splash of milk so that doesn’t bother me. Glad to have some Earl Grey back in my cupboard, as it’s one of those staples I tend to reach for as my first cup of the day.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Malt

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A no-nonsense black tea, the bergamot oil is veryyyy prominent and comes right to the forefront, but does smooth out the tea a bit, making it less astringent even when brewed strongly. There are better Earl Greys out there, but for getting a kick start early in the morning this is not bad.

The best Earl Grey I’ve tasted thus far. It’s so smooth and fragrant. Simply delicious. This is one of my staples.

I like to drink this Earl Grey when I’m in the mood for a more citrus-y Earl Grey. Drinking this tea helps me feel ‘brighter’. The tea has a good nose both in the tin and in the cup.

This is currently my go-to Earl Grey, so much so that I’ve ordered it in bulk from Republic of Tea and start every morning with a cup. The best way I can describe it is as a more Earl Grey Earl Grey. It smells and tastes like comfort, especially when I dress it up with a generous splash of cream (okay, half and half to be precise) and bit of sugar.

Good hot, better iced. 1/2 gallon iced tea recipe: 1 Earl Greyer, 2 All Day Breakfast, Ice, summer….