Peppermint Cuppa Chocolate

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Chocolate, Peppermint
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

• “Chocolate. Well, chocolate ish. I have plenty of chocolate tea left, but I'm going to probably stop buying anymore chocolate flavors, mostly. I find that they're almost always disapointing, with...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1021 tasting notes
  • “The last bag! I really enjoyed this tisane -- as long as you used the specified bag per 6 oz of water, you got a chocolatey, minty, creamy delight that is very nice in the evening. That being said,...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This was in the Travelling Tea box and I believe it came from *CupofTree*. I've heard of these chocolate blends and I'm excited to try them (I have another sample I need to get to as well) This...” Read full tasting note
    forkyfork 166 tasting notes
  • “I believe it was *CupOfTree* who sent this to me! Thanks so much! I have found with Republic of Tea's flavored bags - especially rooibos flavored - double bagging it seems to do the trick. So...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

This cuppa is your gateway to guilt-free indulgence. A joyous chorus of creamy, cool peppermint, rich chocolate and smooth, caffeine-free rooibos will make you sing throughout the day. Relish in the calorie-free, healthful pleasure.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Got a few of these packets in a sample box from the Republic. Seems like a good way to go if you wanna taste some of their newer bagged teas. Tho I prefer loose leaf, sometimes a bag is nice and convenient…especially at 2:30 in the morning when you want a little cup of something hot and kinda sweet.

Anyway, sipping on this one now. I dunno what it is with the cuppa line here. I think it’s the rooibos.

Anyway, dry it smells like artificial chocolate and mint. Sweet mint and not grassy which is nice. and of course the rooibos.

Steeped tho, all I can really smell is the rooibos with a hint of chocolate….artificial chocolate I might add.

Sipping, the rooibos is center, then chocolate. The mint is almost like an after taste. Which is sad because it’s a lovely delicate mint. It isn’t grassy or pungent. It’s like a lovely vanilla mint. And that’s the best part of this blend….and it’s more like an after thought.

It could have been better.

I added a little milk to cream it up which helps it feel more substantial. But I’ll be looking for a different chocolate mint tea. I’m expecting one from Butiki Monday. Can’t wait.

I don’t mind rooibos,in fact I think it’s quite delightful in a few of my favorite herbals, but I think it isn’t the best base for a chocolate tea.

This tea isn’t too bad. I had it while killing an hour waiting for work to start. I found the chocolate subtle, and the peppermint was just right. I still had a bit of rooibos flavour come through, but it wasn’t too much.
It help up well to milk and a tiny bit of sugar. I didn’t drink the whole cup, but I did enjoy what I had.
Now to just get our furnace working…

TheKesser

And I think we’re finally good now with the furnace too. It’s been a good day.

I really like this tea! Very rich in chocolate flavor and super refreshing when it comes to mint flavor! yummy! I usually steep 2 bags for 8min. to get a very bold brew and I add a little milk and honey and it’s divine! Especially on a cold winter night. Total bliss!

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

A vaguely wimpy tea that promises chocolate and mint, and sort of delivers. Maybe I should steep it a lot longer. Or add cocoa?

The first several times I made this it disappointed me. I just kept thinking it was too weak. I later realized that I needed more than 1 teabag in my giant mug (since it calls for 1 teabag per 6oz of water) Oops. Adding a second one greatly improved things.

I wanted to love this one. I mean, peppermint & chocolate? What’s not to love? It is a pleasant enough tea but I think I expected more chocolate flavor. Also, I’m not a huge fan of roobios. Milk & a tiny bit of rock sugar do improve it I think. Right now it is one of my best decaf options for sipping on whilst reading in bed. However, I probably won’t purchase it again anytime soon.

Edit: I cold-brewed this & am trying it that way this morning. It is even mintier this way & pretty refreshing. I poured a bit in another cup & added some vanilla almond milk because I was curious. It did nothing for it.. Since the chocolate flavor is even less pronounced when this tea is cold, you just end up with weaker peppermint flavor (though there is some chocolate in the aftertaste).

One thing to be aware of: This team gets kind of slimy. I didn’t notice it when it was hot (though it might have been the case then too). But when I removed the tea bags from the cold tea, lots of slimy residue. Ick.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

This tea is ok. I wasn’t expecting much seeing as it’s a bagged tea and I’ve been disappointed many times with bagged teas, but this one surprised me. It actually had a decent amount of flavor and I actually enjoyed it and I don’t generally like rooibos. No, it doesn’t taste much like chocolate and yes, the peppermint is very much an aftertaste. But, the tea itself was decently enjoyable.

I really enjoy this tea as a comforting drink when things at work are falling apart. I let this steep until the tea is at that perfect drinkable temperature. It’s almost a syrup-like consistency when I let it step that long, but I think that really brings out the peppermint and the smooth chocolate taste. The peppermint and chocolate flavors are both muted, but they blend together wonderfully.

got this as a Christmas gift last year, I due not like it, but if your into peppermint it’s okay

This is very nice. As others have said, the mint comes through more than the chocolate – and I wouldn’t mind a bit stronger chocolate taste – but still, it’s a very good flavoured tea. And the rooibos is nicely hidden in the background. Thanks to Starfevre for this sample.

The packaged bag didn’t say how many ounces of water, so I used 8 oz of water with one teabag – and I see now from others’ comments that it’s intended for 6 oz of water. That accounts for a slightly too-mild, too-watery flavour. If I get some more of this, I’ll use less water.

Steeped for 8 minutes, added sugar and skim milk.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea brews up a rich red hue and smells absolutely heavenly. The mint flavor comes through quite strongly, but there are still some nice chocolatey tones in it, too. A very lovely tea indeed. As an added bonus, it’s caffeine free. Yippee!