Peppermint Cuppa Chocolate

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Peppermint, Mint, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

From The Republic of Tea

This cuppa is your gateway to guilt-free indulgence. A joyous chorus of creamy, cool peppermint, rich chocolate and smooth, caffeine-free rooibos will make you sing throughout the day. Relish in the calorie-free, healthful pleasure.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Got a few of these packets in a sample box from the Republic. Seems like a good way to go if you wanna taste some of their newer bagged teas. Tho I prefer loose leaf, sometimes a bag is nice and convenient…especially at 2:30 in the morning when you want a little cup of something hot and kinda sweet.

Anyway, sipping on this one now. I dunno what it is with the cuppa line here. I think it’s the rooibos.

Anyway, dry it smells like artificial chocolate and mint. Sweet mint and not grassy which is nice. and of course the rooibos.

Steeped tho, all I can really smell is the rooibos with a hint of chocolate….artificial chocolate I might add.

Sipping, the rooibos is center, then chocolate. The mint is almost like an after taste. Which is sad because it’s a lovely delicate mint. It isn’t grassy or pungent. It’s like a lovely vanilla mint. And that’s the best part of this blend….and it’s more like an after thought.

It could have been better.

I added a little milk to cream it up which helps it feel more substantial. But I’ll be looking for a different chocolate mint tea. I’m expecting one from Butiki Monday. Can’t wait.

I don’t mind rooibos,in fact I think it’s quite delightful in a few of my favorite herbals, but I think it isn’t the best base for a chocolate tea.

I got this as a sample with The Republic of Tea’s catalog. its a very smooth chocolate ish and peppermint ish flavor they both balance each other out nicely.

I’ve bought this twice, because it’s pretty satisfying as a dessert tea, and it’s caffeine-free.

Unlike some reviews, I thought this was pretty good. Was the chocolate strong, no. But the taste overall was good. I use it with Candy Cane Lane by Celestial. I know, bagged tea…

Definitely double bag this one in a 10 oz mug. Probably among the better chocolate teas I’ve had, but the flavor is still lacking a bit. Not bad, but not amazing.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

I apologize in advance for the brief and sub -par review.

This is just nothing to write about. I wouldn’t drink it again. I’m not the biggest mint and chocolate fan in any case, but this was just not the best. Quite blah and almost no chocolate. Light mint flavor and vague cocoa. Meh.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Marzipan

I haven’t had much luck with their teas. I always have high hopes for them.

TeaNTees

There are a few I quite enjoy, but the majority really are mediocre at best.

Rosehips

Agreed on this one. I had high hopes for the cuppa cake teas, but they were all…… meh.

This is my second foray back to the past today as I test another free sample from The Republic of Tea. Since I am in the office today, my tea choices are my Republic of Tea bag samples or mud-like selections from the company Flavia machine. Although I am grateful for the free fringe benefit, just about any alternative wins over the machine in my mind.

The unbrewed scent of the bag was kind of like peppermint and kind of like chocolate but there was something very chemical or artificial about the smell. I had a feeling that this was not a good sign.

I steeped the stringless round Republic of Tea bag/disk for five minutes in boiling water. The smell had a faint mint attribute. The color was dark amber.

When I put the cup to my lips, my mood was negatively affected when I peered into the cup and saw that there was mucky dark sediment at the bottom of the brew. I don’t even experience debris from my loose leaf tea maker, so another warning sign was chalked on my wall.

The first sip of this tea caused me to stand back and analyze what my taste buds were experiencing. Finally I determined that there was some mint to the flavor with a mouthwash like aftertaste. Another peculiarity was also present that I believe was disguised as chocolate. There was no astringency really but I didn’t find the aftertaste something that I wanted to hold on to.

In short, I found the flavor of this brew to be less than desirable and way off the mark of what usually reminds me of chocolate and mint in a tea. Additionally, the rubble in my cup that apparently leaked from the tea bag was visually distasteful and a foreshadowing of this product’s other flaws.

Flavors: Mint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

Eh. I finished this one over the last few weeks when I was ill. It was ok. It wasn’t too pepperminty (since I really don’t like super strong peppermint) but there was no real real chocolate to speak of. I had bought it on sale so it wasn’t a major loss, but it was only ‘ok’.

Sipdown!

hmm… This is one of those teas that tastes nothing like what you imagined. More like, they put the literal ingredients and expected them to taste the same after being dried then having hot water over it.

This tea isn’t too bad. I had it while killing an hour waiting for work to start. I found the chocolate subtle, and the peppermint was just right. I still had a bit of rooibos flavour come through, but it wasn’t too much.
It help up well to milk and a tiny bit of sugar. I didn’t drink the whole cup, but I did enjoy what I had.
Now to just get our furnace working…

TheKesser

And I think we’re finally good now with the furnace too. It’s been a good day.