Aged green pu-erh cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jim Marks

• “Gaaaaaaah, Summer head cold. That's the last time I shake hands with a child. Fighting back the congestion with pu-erh. I can't taste anything, sadly. And I have to chant a vespers...” Read full tasting note
    jimmarks 325 tasting notes
  • “...if one follows the tradition of Chinese tea drinkers then all leaves have to be washed before the actual infusions. That simply means that the fist brew gets disposed. This first brew suppose to...” Read full tasting note
    Keemun 57 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

The Pu-erh Cake Tea is an exclusive item provided to Central Market.

This tea is a 2008 vintage green pu-erh from the Yunnan province. The cake is produced by steaming and compressing dried green (unfermented) pu-erh leaves. The tea is wrapped in cotton paper and bamboo and aged until now (late 2011).

About The Republic of Tea View company

Gaaaaaaah, Summer head cold.

That’s the last time I shake hands with a child.

Fighting back the congestion with pu-erh.

I can’t taste anything, sadly.

And I have to chant a vespers service this evening alone.

Spoonvonstup

Hope you feel better soon!

Bonnie

Oh no! How bout some gunpowder mint? Chanting alone with a cold is challanging! I feel sorry for my brother when his asthma is kicking up and he has to chant and is using the censor at the Alter. Part of the journey though isn’t it! God Bless you Jim!

Bonnie

Glad Vespers is relatively short!

Jim Marks

Thankfully, the frankincense does not seem to impact me the way it does with most. Our deacon seems to have a permanent head cold.

I’ve got a vaporizer full of eucalyptus oil cranking away on my desk.

Bonnie

Thankful for that! Hopefully you will recover! Those nettie pot things with saline are useful.

Jim Marks

Oooph. Those freak me out.

Charles Thomas Draper

Salt water cures everything….

Bonnie

Come on Jim…there’s the spray bottle kind…it’s not that bad and works. People with allergies and sleep apnea use them all the time. I used to. Just water with saline. NEVER regular water, has to be mineral free.

…if one follows the tradition of Chinese tea drinkers then all leaves have to be washed before the actual infusions. That simply means that the fist brew gets disposed. This first brew suppose to wash out the dust, open or pre-soak the leaves and start to develop their flavors.

The color of this tea could be compared to a rich single malt whiskey.

Color: golden, bronze. Very appealing to the eye…
Nose: sharp, fruity, slight bitterness in the end (…fresh cut grass)
Palate: clean, smoky, hints of soft,creamy sweetness such as butterscotch
Finish: aftertaste does not manage to stay very long. Bitter sweet with a pleasant,refreshing roughness.

A interesting, complex tea. Not very awakening though. Nice to drink in order to get through the day.