Three Gardens Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From The Republic of Tea

Mashamba Yetu, Jamii Zetu (Our Farms, Our Communities)… Striking a delicate balance between conserving natural resources and benefiting communities, the finest quality black tea leaves are sourced from three Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Gardens: Kapchorua (Kenya), Lauderdale (Malawi), and Rancabolang (Indonesia). Sip and enjoy the fresh aroma and brisk character of this robust blend.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I want a Gaiwan!
I thought I had all of the tea paraphernalia I needed. I have a variety of teapots, strainers, teas, utensils, bowls, etc. I think today is my 5th day on Steepster, & I need a Gaiwan!

Of course, these things must be chosen delicately, so, I’m ogling at a couple of them…I may have to have 2 sizes… I ordered some tea from Butiki last night, using the last of the money in my paypal account (if you care to help refresh my ‘tea buying money’, you can download my recordings from iTunes, or buy the CDs from CDbaby… ;).

So, about this tea: it’s ok. I don’t buy a lot of bagged teas, I always feel that they scrimp on the dosage, if you know what I mean. I bought this tea while I was traveling (we musicians do that), because I ran out of my Stash, & I needed some breakfast tea. It is unremarkable, requires 2 bags to brew a decent cup, but it will do for now, as I have to drive my son to college. It’s raining in St. Louis, & that’s a good thing!

Terri HarpLady

ok…I feel like that was kind of a negative review…maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe I’ve just been drinking too many chocolatey malty teas, in my quest for the perfect breakfast tea, & I’m becoming jaded…

Michelle

Welcome to Steepster! It’s a wonderful place :)

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Michelle! It IS a wonderful place!

Bonnie

I would suggest a 4-5 oz gaiwan because if you’re going to do multiple infusions, how much tea are you willing to drink? Some tea’s even at 5 infusions = 20-25 oz of tea! 18 infusions…well you better have time and a strong constitution! I use a finum filter for small doses of tea in a mug and can do multiple infusions without using lots and lots of leaf (cheapo me!).

Azzrian

I want to check out your CD!! I listened to your song on your site and I am IN LOVE …. need to see if I have the funds to purchase but can you give me a link please? Thanks :)

Terri HarpLady

Bonnie, thanks for the suggestions!!
Azzrian, Thank you! On my website at www.harpsinger.net, if you click ‘my original music’ on the top, it takes you to a page that has 2 songs. ‘Journey to Serenity’ is from my ‘Cynical Serenity’ CD. ‘TeaMind’ is from my ‘Zen Breakfast’ CD. If you click on CD titles, it will take you to CDBaby, where both CD’s are available for download, & I think they have ‘Cynical Serenity’ discs still. ‘Zen Breakfast’ is out of print, but there are 6 copies available on Amazon under my name, 3 new & 3 used. I also have an xmas CD ’Midwinter’s Canon’, which is also available on Amazon & CDBaby. All 3 discs are also available for download from iTunes too, just do a search for Terri Langerak. Of course, you are welcome to get them directly from me, as well! Thanks for asking!

Sipdown! And thank you to Terri for this one. My other half wanted coffee this morning but we’re out so I made a pot of this in case he wanted some. It’s not a bad tea…sort of an average everyday kinda tea. There are other bagged teas I’d have before this one though, so I’m not sure if that’s saying much. Still though, another one to cross off my list! Woot!

Terri HarpLady

This was handy when I went to the family reunion & ran out of black tea, LOL. I had to use 2 bags at a time to get a really decent cup though. :)