Allspice, Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Spices, Nutmeg, Autumn Leaf Pile, Earth, Sweet Potatoes, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 281 ml

• “As you probably know, Hurricane Sandy is out in force in NY today! However, I live pretty far inland in Queens so I have zero things to worry about. Stocked up on candles, matches and batteries, my...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I picked up a tin of this the other day on sale at WF. The cool weather has caused me to crave some dessert-like teas. Really, I'm craving desserts, but that will cause nothing but problems for me,...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3078 tasting notes
  • “Felt like having a cup of this one today. I'm gearing up for fall tea! Can't wait to pick up some of the new ones from DavidsTea, but that'll have to wait until next week. I didn't try the...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 633 tasting notes
  • “bleh. I like the rooibos version better but i'm glad to have tried this. There's something about the base that doesn't sit well with me. Sipdown and a thank you terri for letting me try this...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5401 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Keep Warm and Carry On – Cozy up and sip this warm blend of fine black tea and autumnal spices –cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Energizing black tea wards off the chill of the crisp, fall season, and a splash of warm milk transforms this tea to pumpkin pie in a cup.

Ingredients: Black tea, ginger, cinnamon, natural ginger and pumpkin flavors, sweet blackberry leaves, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Sample teabag sipdown. This came with the catalog RoT kindly sent to my house. Hooray free tea. It’s not bad. I wish the flavor was a bit stronger – I’m mainly getting faintly spiced black tea. No pumpkin to speak of. Hmm… Oh, there is a tiny smidge of pumpkin there at the very very end and I have to pay attention.

I think what I really want is the tea version of a pumpkin spiced latte and I don’t think it exists, having tried several pumpkin spice teas. I may just break down and have some coffee and try not to taste it under the pumpkin.

I purchased a tin of this for the first time last fall and I have only 2 bags left after this morning. Fall is definitely in the air and my morning walks with my corgi are getting cooler every day so it seemed appropriate to have this one today. I really like the flavor even if it is a bagged tea. Very good flavor, not too much overpowering spice flavor and the second brew isn’t bad either. If I see it at the store, I will probably buy another tin to get me through til next season.

Tealizzy

This is my favorite pumpkin tea. I’ll probably pick some up too, if I remember!

Republic of Tea sent me a sample of this in the mail today…Random….but cool. So I thought I would brew a cup and have it before dinner.

Surprisingly good. I mean I opened it and dry it smells really delicious. But lately I haven’t been real thrilled with RoT and I’m not sure why…Maybe because I’m too engrossed delving into the boutique tea companies….but it is good. Like all RoT teas I find I have to watch the steep. It has a tendency to get bitter on me when I steep the full 5. No exception on this one either. Steeped it the full 5 and it was just a smidge on the end of bitter…but I tried to see past it to get to the flavor of the tea itseld. It has a pumpkin flavor which surprised me because most pumpkin teas I have had are just teas that taste like pumpkin spice. I almost expected it to be sweet but it was not. Not even a little. But it isn’t heavy on the spices which is a nice change too. It makes me want a chai tea really bad tho…just smelling the spices…

I also tried it iced and it isn’t too bad that way either. But I’m thinking a splash of milk…little sugar…could be a good holiday treat.

It has a nice Autumn scent, and flavour. Since I prefer more spice, I like to add a bag of chai/

I got this as a sampler and it was great. It did not have the Chai kick witch is great no hart burn. I did not have to add as much splenda and the flavor was strong even after 2 brewings.

Kind of regretting this purchase. It’s not a particularly offensive tea, but good lord, it’s just boring. It’s terribly weak, even steeped in 6oz of water. The base is a snooze, and the flavors meld together in some indistinguishable generic pumpkin spice muddle. If ‘meh’ were a tea, this would be it.
Why, oh, why does ROT have to package their teas in 50 bag canisters? Can’t imagine what I’m going to do with it all.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML
darby

Lol I thought the same. I’ve given some away but started doubling up … Two bags per cup

Kittenna

Lattes! You can then justify using ridiculous numbers of teabags, haha.

cookies

Oh, those are both good ideas! Thanks guys, I’m going to try that.

Used two bags for a 16oz cup.

This isn’t bad, but I don’t think I’ll go out and buy it. Has a nice spice to it but I think I’d prefer a heavier/more flavorful black base.

This sample was a bonus from Blodeuyn in our swap (somehow she knew I wanted to try more pumpkin spice teas!). I was surprised by the smell, it seems quite heavy on the savory spices to me, almost like a curry or something. We shall see! I used 2 bags for 10 ounces of water (recommended is 1 per 6 ounces).

Steeped, it still smells a touch savory, but it’s more along the lines of what I would expect for a spiced blend. I added a touch of raw sugar to my cup, but no milk. Meh, this is another one of those teas that tastes mostly like spices, and nothing like pumpkin. So basically that makes it a rather weak version of chai… Oh well! At least I will have a lovely tin of Sweet Autumn soon to sate my pumpkin cravings!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Spices

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

I’m beginning to wonder if buying and then consuming a huge Costco-sized pumpkin pie might just alleviate all of the pumpkin tea problems I’ve been having. Do I just not know what pumpkin tastes like? Seriously…I don’t taste it here. There’s some sweet and some spicy and some fall….because fall is, in fact, a flavor…right? Maybe I’m mistaking pumpkin for fall. I don’t know. All I know for sure is that I have yet to find pie in any cup of pumpkin tea I’ve drunk so far….

Having said that, the mix of spices in this tastes pretty good. But it’s not pie.

TeaBrat

I think most pumpkin teas are just made with pumpkin pie spices.

The Cookie Lady

I agree, but then I read other people’s tasting notes that say something like “definite pumpkin flavor here” or “just like pie” and I think no….no! Where is MY pie??? Do I not deserve to taste these things, too? Why is my pumpkin sensor broken? Even if they are only imagining it, why can’t I imagine it too? I feel like simply because my name is Autumn and I was born in October I should get an extra sensitive pumpkin detector or something. Sad face.

TeaBrat

They are delusional. :)

The Cookie Lady

Thank you for the confirmation!! haha :)

Anlina

I get pumpkin flavour in some teas, but it’s more often a pumpkinish note that stands out because it’s not present in similar-but-not-pumpkin teas, rather than being extremely pie like.

I heartily approve of eating an entire Costco pie. They are huge and last time I was there, super cheap.

And yes, fall is a flavour. Or maybe a smell. It’s some kind of sensory thing for sure :)

This was a free sample in the catalog from The Republic of Tea. It’s delicious! Tried it without milk, and added milk to the cup, and I loved it both ways! I’ve ordered a tin of it!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML