Honeydew Melon

Fruit White Blend
Cucumber
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From The Republic of Tea

Sweet Yet Sophisticated. The refreshing flavor of melon lends itself to the soft, sweet notes of this rare White Tea. Also makes a unique and exhilarating tea.

Not all White Teas are created equal! The Republic of Tea has procured this season’s harvest to offer 100% White Tea in our signature round, unbleached tea bags. No other variety of tea or leaves are included. Once reserved for the cups of emperors and nobility we are honored to offer you this pure, delicate brew with its subtle, sweet, lingering finish. Serve warm or over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

This is nice! Heated water to 175 degrees in my Breville and steeped for 40 seconds in my awesome new glasses – http://tinyurl.com/3w6hggp SO pretty! Bought them on sale at Amazon.
Thank you Erin!!

ashmanra

Love the glasses!

Ashley Bain

they’re pieces of art! mouth-blown glass. so neat.

Ashley Bain

(Just search “bodum glasses” on Amazon.) I want to buy the whole line.

Busiest work night of my life. At one point, it felt like someone had removed my brain, and replaced it with bees. A lot of bees.

So after all of that silly awful business, I went to Whole Foods to grab a new tea. I love the melon candies I get at the Asian supermarkets, so I figured this would be rad. Was I right? Totally! This is yumziez.

First cup was pure. No sugar/cream. So clean tasting! I then went to brew a whole pot with a tiny bit of sugar. Beautiful flavor. It tastes really fresh. The taste lingers too, which is nice!

Jenn

Your review makes me want to try this tea, but alas I broke up with The Republic of Tea last week. It does sound pretty yumziez though…

Erin Hurley

This is actually my FIRST tea from TRoT… (omg it spells trot!)

I’m waking up and drinkin a cold cup. It tastes exactly like the melon candy at my nail salon. Om nommerz!

4 minutes is a little long for a white tea. This gives it a bit more flavour without compromising the delicate nature of this fragrant white.

Cofftea

lol I agree, but you should check out Adagio’s suggested steeping times. But then again I also think 180 can be a little hot for whites as well. But then again whatever floats the leaf in your tea cup:)

Tastes like a dream of dancing unicorns and gumdrop houses. This stuff is friggin’ gloooorrrriioooouuuusssssss.

I could drink this 100 TIMES PER DAY.
I probably shouldn’t. But I could.

EmyPouliche

Dancing unicorn.. I wish I could try this one ;)!

Mike Jutan

Haha, thanks Emy! Yes this is very good!! I love this brand – especially their flavoured white tea. Please give some love to Canada for me, I’m originally from London Ontario :)

Erin! Wow! Thank you for sending this to me, I can’t believe I haven’t logged it yet. It’s so perfectly melon. SO fresh and full of flavour!
I need to stock up on this.

It calms me down, it settles my tummy, it tastes delicious and it’s an our of this world awesome bagged white tea. THANK YOU!

mmmore tasting notes to come, I’m sure.

Honeydew Melon. Sounds amazing, huh?
That’s what I thought too. xD
So, I doubt any of you guys smoke Hookah ever, but there is this flavor by a company called Haze, and it’s called “Cucumberita”. My bro used to be obsessed with it. We used to smoke it all the time back in the day. Cucumberita tastes like cucumber water mainly.
And you know what? This tea totally tastes like Cucumberita. It’s so weird.
It’s like having that hookah flavor in liquid form. Not sure how I feel about this one. :O It isn’t too strong of a tea, which Is also disappointing for me. But…at least I tried. And I can always give it away/sell it if I decide it’s not for me.
I think that Lupicia’s melon/honeydew teas still stand as the best.

Flavors: Cucumber

The Cookie Lady

This one has been on my RoT wishlist since I first tried their teas!

Anlina

This sounds pretty amazing.

I haven’t smoked hookah in ages, but I really enjoy it. It’s one of the only things I can smoke without it feeling far too harsh on my throat and lungs.

Ost

The Cookie Lady, I can definitely send you some if you want (:
Same with you, Anlina. Just hit me up!

This tea has a subtle melon flavor, a fine cup. White tea produces sublime energy, perfect for relaxing or working. They advertise this cup as “sophisticated”, and it is. In the hectic big city there is a mountain of stress and hurt feelings, and this cup really brings me back to Earth.

I loved this tea. Sweet smelling and tasting. I’ve only had it hot and should definitely try it iced.

I was not impressed by this tea at all. It really just tasted like hot water. I know white tea is meant to be light but this was just too light.

This has a nice sweet flavor to it. I may like it better iced.