Hot Apple Cider Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Sipdown! Let's not talk about how many teas i have yet to add TO my cupboard from this weekend...i'll worry about that tomorrow maybe. Or maybe i'll just leave this batch out and just add the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4674 tasting notes
  • “Drank this last night prior to falling asleep. As before, I used two teabags in my mug. It did not taste EXACTLY like apple cider, but it was close enough, sweet, apple-y and full of fall goodness....” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 228 tasting notes
  • “I found this in my mother's cupboard, so I thought I would give it a try. Tastes like mulled cider lite, as if it were made with bottled apple juice rather than cider. Having said that, it tastes...” Read full tasting note
    bburrowes 141 tasting notes
  • “Nice, light taste. I leave the tea bag in for 20 mins or so and still find the flavour light. I was hoping it would be more sweet and apple tasting but it's more cinnamon tasting with just a...” Read full tasting note
    Tea4Me 46 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Hot Apple Cider Tea is a naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger, reminiscent of hot apple cider – the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.

When autumn leaves begin to change and the chill returns to the air, this unique herbal blend of apples, and spices will surely warm you up.

As one of our most popular herb teas, Hot Apple Cider can run out quickly. Limited Edition, When it’s Gone It’s Gone

About The Republic of Tea View company

Sipdown! Let’s not talk about how many teas i have yet to add TO my cupboard from this weekend…i’ll worry about that tomorrow maybe. Or maybe i’ll just leave this batch out and just add the count without having the teas IN my cupboard…since they’ll be gone soon…i hope. ugh.

This was actually a really nice cup of tea today. Sad to see that it’s a limited edition or seasonal tea as i’d actually consider having this one around for those fall nights i want a caffeine free option :(

(…and cavo…since i know you’re out there lurking and hoping…even with Kittenna’s teas that aren’t in my cupboard i’m only at 278…i picked up 20 teas from her but i AM the sipdown master so ha!)

Lariel

It is seasonal, and I saw it in stores again.

Hahah. - Good job!
Also, I like the idea of me lurking out there, ready to tease at a moment’s notice.

Terri HarpLady

So for now, you actually have more teas than me!

Thanks lariel…wonder if we have it up here….

Terri…what’s your number? I can beat it tonight..just give me a day haha

Terri HarpLady

LOL! I’m starting the day at 269, can you believe THAT? LOL!
I haven’t been that low since…uh…June! :D

Great job Terri!
How much of that was transferred from you to Sil? :P

I’ll never tell…shhhhh…

cavo… at least 20 samples from nofars….

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, but I did drink half of each sample before I sent it, so those sipdowns were legit! :)

Yeah…my cupboard disagrees lol

ok….269 you say…. ponders

are you there yet?
Maybe we should have a sipdown duel tomorrow? LOL

Terri HarpLady

We’d have to start with the exact same number of teas to do it…

i’m at 266? i think… need to double check haha

Terri HarpLady

I didn’t have any sipdowns today, since I spent the day drinking multiple steeping-type teas. However, I packed a few boxes for friends, & one of them included the last of a couple of my teas, so I may be at 266 too. I’ll check too. ;)

Terri HarpLady

I just added mine up, & I’m at 269.

Terri HarpLady

oops, guess what? Since I don’t have the teas from our TeaVivre order yet, I took them off my list, & now I have 266 also!! WooHoo! So we are both starting the day at 266!
Sipdown Duel! It’s on!

haha i’m actually at 270 after my first sipdown today lol.

Terri HarpLady

I thought you were at 266?
dammit woman, I’m trying to be twinsies with you! LOL

Terri HarpLady

OK….I’m doing one sipdown now. That will put me at 265.
If you get it down to 265 today then we can have a sipdown Duel tomorrow, or the day of your choosing :)

haha ok. I’ll see what i can do tonight. I know i have LOTS of little samples i can probably drink tonight to get to 265. heh

Terri HarpLady

Oops….make that 264, LOL, I just polished off another tea…accidentally of course…

Hahaha. You guys are great. <3

suuuure….“acceidentally” mm hmmm

Drank this last night prior to falling asleep. As before, I used two teabags in my mug. It did not taste EXACTLY like apple cider, but it was close enough, sweet, apple-y and full of fall goodness. If you like apple cider and fall flavors and want a caffeine free herbal I really recommend this tea!

sarai

I’ve been looking for a good apple-cidery tea for evenings. I’ll have to check this one out!

I found this in my mother’s cupboard, so I thought I would give it a try. Tastes like mulled cider lite, as if it were made with bottled apple juice rather than cider. Having said that, it tastes natural, if a little subdued, but then I don’t like it when herbal tisanes are over-spiced. A good drink when you come in from the cold, but then most hot teas are!

Nice, light taste. I leave the tea bag in for 20 mins or so and still find the flavour light. I was hoping it would be more sweet and apple tasting but it’s more cinnamon tasting with just a slight hint of apple. But this is a good alternative to my stronger flavoured teas, so it’s been nice to have.

I bought this tea because wanted a lighter, calorie-free alternative to real hot apple cider. I steep it for longer than the recommended 5-7 minutes and I usually get a stronger, more enjoyable infusion. The spices (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, etc.) are the dominant flavors while the fruity flavors from the apples and oranges are in the background.

This tea tastes as though it is just some mulling spices in a bag, and not in great quantity at that. There is no discernible apple flavor at all, and we suspected that this “tea” would be better if it were in fact brewed in boiling apple cider. But we never got to try that theory, and we all found this to be incredibly disappointing.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I was cold and so I broke out a tea that my parents had — an apple cider spice and was completely underwhelmed with this tea, even when adding sugar. Lame, would be a good word, because gee, I’ve had tastier water. I was hoping for something like Adagio’s Apple Canata, but alas, this was not to be.

Apples! And spices! Too bad Republic of Tea doesn’t offer this herbal tisane year round because it is absolutely lovely. A tasty apple and spice.

This tea smells delicious, but it tastes bland with a bitter aftertaste. Not impressed.

Last cup! This one has to be absolutely boiling to taste best. I’ve realized this the last few cups I had, and I thought I had it hot enough before! When the water is as hot as I can possibly get it the cinnamon comes out much more and it’s a much better cup.

As of right now I’ve had this tea an entire year, so finishing it off feels like a big accomplishment. Bye, Hot Apple Cider.

Boiling