Hibiscus Coconut

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Coconut, Hibiscus Flowers, Natural Coconut Flavor, Rose Hips, Stevia Leaf
Artificial, Astringent, Coconut, Creamy, Dust, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae
Boiling 8 min or more 6 oz / 177 ml

From The Republic of Tea

The sweet, cooling taste of fresh coconut is the perfect partner for tangy, Nigerian Hibiscus. Swing into a relaxing getaway while drinking this delightful tea. Refreshing served hot or over ice.

The exotic hibiscus flower is a tropical marvel with many health benefits. our caffeine-free, premium hibiscus steeps a deep crimson cup. It hails from Nigeria – where hibiscus tea is know to help cool the body in hot weather. Hibiscus can also help maintain blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It is said to contain antioxidants, which along with a balanced diet, help contribute to a healthy immune system.

INGREDIENTS
Hibiscus, rosehips, apples, Stevia, coconut bits and natural flavor

STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS
Heat 6 ounces of fresh, filtered water to boiling. Place one tea bag in your cup, pour in the hot water and steep for 5-7 minutes. Remove the tea bag and enjoy Sip by Sip. For iced tea, double the amount of tea used. Cool and serve over ice.

CAUTION
Do not use during pregnancy or lactation without the advice of a healthcare practitioner.

About The Republic of Tea View company

I got this from JustJames a looong time ago – thank you for the sample!

It wasn’t bad. The taste kind of reminded me of this European rosehip tea that my dad used to drink. It was pleasantly tangy. The coconut wasn’t evident to me, but maybe it was playing the role of toning down the hibiscus.

This was ok.

This tea smells incredible right out of the canister – all sweet coconut. My husband picked this one up from the store last week and tried a cup as soon as he made it home. He loves fruity herbal teas and anything with hibiscus so this was a real winner for him. He wasn’t thrilled when he found out it contained stevia but still vouched for it on taste alone. I’m not always the biggest fan of the tartness that hibiscus brings, but if it tastes anything like it smells then I’m sold.

The liquid is a deep berry color, due to the hibiscus of course. It’s something like Merlot. It still smells of coconut but I’m also getting the scent of the hibiscus too. On its own, the tea is not too sweet yet still has that artificial quality from the sweetener. I added a little honey which helps, but it still tastes mostly like an astringent hibiscus tea with an essence of coconut (which I guess is what it’s supposed to be). It’s almost like it’s scented with coconut instead of actually having coconut pieces. There is a creaminess there too which I am enjoying, something like cream of coconut. Overall, this tastes a little dusty to me and a little fruity, but maybe I’m just associating the hibiscus with fruit since I usually drink it in fruity teas.

Flavors: Artificial, Astringent, Coconut, Creamy, Dust, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 6 OZ / 177 ML

I adore this tea. I’ve only ever cold-brewed it, so that’s all my review can be taken into account for. Anyone who is wary of hibiscus, this is the hibiscus tea to try. The other flavored hibiscus teas from RoT were mostly too tart, but the coconut in this one so perfectly mellowed out the hibiscus, leaving it in the background as more of a refreshing quality than a takeover flavor. Now, granted, I generally get along with hibiscus as it is. But, I really think it learned how to play well with others in this tea. I only wish it was sold in Cost Plus World Market along with the regular Superflower Hibiscus flavor since that would be such a convenient way for me to get my fix. I found it at Whole Foods today, but I’m not even sure if they are going to carry it year-round or only around summertime.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy