Double Green Matcha (Doubles Collection)

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “I finished this off last night. I think it was one of the best cups of this tea I've had because a lot of the matcha had settled in the tin so I swirled a bit of water in the tin and poured the...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “I love the color of this tea. I like to drink this on the ship but tend to forget to take the little baggies out of my cup. It has that wonderful matcha scent and taste until it turns bitter. ...” Read full tasting note
    miette769 80 tasting notes
  • “Okay I went on a tea shopping binge at Cost Plus World Market (one of my fave stores) and picked this up, along with 4 others! I haven't been to Cost Plus in months, they have really expanded...” Read full tasting note
    peggiebennett 125 tasting notes
  • “On a road trip for the holidays I neglected to bring green tea so I picked this up out of convenience. I was impressed. It is a very solid grassy green and easy to make on the run. I have tried a...” Read full tasting note
    twing 120 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

The Power in Green Powder – We’ve married the exquisite organic green tea powder known as matcha with fine, organic green leaf tea. We invite you to sip the fresh, springtime-grassy flavor of the jade hued brew. This tea’s smooth character makes it a good partner with sweet or savory foods.

Tradition, One Step Removed – Matcha is the star of the centuries-old Japanese tea ceremony. Sipped only on occasion, the tea is traditionally prepared in single portions, whipped to a frothy green with a bamboo whisk. Now, we humbly offer it to the Citizens of The Republic in round, unbleached tea bags.

Certified Kosher

About The Republic of Tea View company

This is my husbands favorite green tea. He usually hates green tea, but I make him drink it for its health benefits and of all the green teas in the cupboard, this one he drinks up by the canister. When I am able to get a bag of it before they run out, I like to drink it out of a white mug so that I can see the green powder flow from the bag better. I even mush it up against the mug with a spoon just to squeeze out more of the green cloud that is matcha. I’ve also made matcha green tea muffins with this tea and my husband absolutely LOVED them.

I have to be in the mood for this one, but when I’m feeling the need for a nice healthy cup of green tea this one hits the spot. I like to keep the steep short so it gets just grassy enough without getting all astringent on me.

I have a little tin of proper matcha that I can rarely stand to drink (it’s just so much! so much green tea! aaah!), so it’s nice that this one is around to make me feel virtuous about drinking green tea without overwhelming my delicate palate/soul.

Additives: sprinkling of white sugar
Water: hot water spigot
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Notes: Preparation was done at work. At work I have a hot water spigot (no control on temperature) and paper cups. I also have available white sugar.

Smell: grassy, sweet, earthy
Flavor: earthy
Body: medium
Aftertaste: bitter

I’m not familiar with matcha outside of green tea ice cream, so it was great to be able to try this. (That’s one great thing about visiting people for holidays, drinking their tea!) Not bad at all, although I’m sure matcha prepared the traditional way is much better.

Tried this at a coffee shop when I was visiting my fiance. I thought it was decent green tea. I didn’t notice the matcha in it as much but I like the idea that Republic of Tea had to combine green tea with matcha. I think it would be great for an inexpensive daily tea. I liked that I left the bag in my cup and it didn’t get bitter as green tea can.

Pretty good. I was a little saddened to find it wasn’t pure matcha. I’ve been trying to try matcha for awhile now and have been turned off by its outrageous $30 or more a small canister. I’d hope to be able to try it in this. But for a mixture it still makes a yummy cup of tea.

A good green tea, but one that I find gets me through the work day on a regular basis.

Good Green Tea. Still prefer the traditional Matcha. This particular tea is bagged, which is great for traveling.

I am no expert on matcha, but I can say that this tea is truly delightful and delicious. I could drink this all day long (and I often do).